Frog Munchers v England

Day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my earlier comments about hoddle he actually talked some sense tonight.

Heard Southgate say that he would be experimenting tonight. Not sure at what. Was very inflexible when we needed to be innovative and substitution lacked any imaginative flair.

Very disappointing were some. Chamberlain and dier poor. Stones and cahill mediocre. 

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Mbappe looks the real deal though, would love to him in the Premier League next season, could be a £90m bargain.

Apparently it's a near enough deal for him to go to Real Madrid. They're just waiting for Morata to Man Utd to be confirmed but their plan is to loan him back to Monaco for a season. Would be a sensible decision on their part after what happened with Odegaard.

Such a shame the fa didn't have more ambition to appoint a better manager than the clueless muppet on the touch line, we've actually got a few real talents. Kane is, and will continue to be one of the worlds best strikers, with anaother season alli will probably reach that level as well, but land is a top drawer goalie as well. Shame we'll never achieve anything with a manager that feels it is a good idea to play oxlade chamberlain at all, yet alone in centre mid! 

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Despite my earlier comments about hoddle he actually talked some sense tonight.

Heard Southgate say that he would be experimenting tonight. Not sure at what. Was very inflexible when we needed to be innovative and substitution lacked any imaginative flair.

Very disappointing were some. Chamberlain and dier poor. Stones and cahill mediocre. 

Yup, I'm bemused too. Why do we need to experiment? Surely by now he knows his best players and what formation they're best fit to (in correct positions ffs!). No need to bother with Heaton, Cresswell etc.. let's play players that are actually going to feature for us next summer otherwise we'll turn up playing like a team of strangers ala Euro 2016 and tonight! 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Apparently it's a near enough deal for him to go to Real Madrid. They're just waiting for Morata to Man Utd to be confirmed but their plan is to loan him back to Monaco for a season. Would be a sensible decision on their part after what happened with Odegaard.

I saw you posted earlier about him missing chances, but his all round play looks incredible for an 18 yr old. 

He'd improve anyone he signed for, except Mourinho who would probably argue he doesn't defend well enough.

If Madrid were to sign him, they could do a lot worse than send him to Arsenal for a season imo, a year under Arsene at a higher level than Ligue 1, and no conflict with RM ambitions would be perfect. 

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mbappe was very poor tonight. He will be very disappointed. In ligue 1 he'd have scored at least 2 of those chances, as the commentators said it's probably anxiety at wanting that first international goal.

You just typed what Hoddle said in the commentary didn't you Lovin?

other than the being very poor, 

Just now, reveldevil said:

I saw you posted earlier about him missing chances, but his all round play looks incredible for an 18 yr old. 

He'd improve anyone he signed for, except Mourinho who would probably argue he doesn't defend well enough.

If Madrid were to sign him, they could do a lot worse than send him to Arsenal for a season imo, a year under Arsene at a higher level than Ligue 1, and no conflict with RM ambitions would be perfect. 

Yeah he's a freak. Shows how good he is that I thought he was poor tonight. He looked a bit anxious for me today. Usually his dribbling is a lot crisper and is more clynical and was offside too much tonight for my liking. He's a star already. Bear in mind he is only 18. Cristiano Ronaldo didn't get to his physical best till he was 22 so Mbappe has 4 potential years of gaining his physical peak too when he fills out.

Dembele is the one to look out for in the future though, Barcelona are heavily linked with him and he's improving every year. He got something like 20 assists last season for Dortmund. France are really stacked, they just need Benzema up front to round it off but it doesn't look like he will come back.

Archived