Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

David

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

To be fair it says IF McClaren went there - And it also says McClaren was the one who signed Russell for Derby - So their facts may not be very strong

Brighton and Birmingham more credible

Brighton had a deal lined up and agreed for one of our players, with both club and player wanting to go ahead, before Pearson blocked it.

May have been Russell.

I really don't get this ....he needs a run of games ...please dont!! play him any more!!!  lol

Camara is simply one of the worst players I've seen in a Rams shirt and his flaws are clear to see, he is way out of his depth in the championship and without sounding too harsh is a headless chicken and at times has been embarrasing ..

I think we could get a fee for him because some lower french clubs think hes ok i'd take 500k for him.

As Russell has been mentioned I think everyone loves his passion and endeavour blah blah but truthfully is not good enough.

imagine a goal threat like Ince on the other flank, someone like  Simmo in his prime :thumbsup:

Brighton had Knockeart in similar role to JR and in truth there is no comparison.

surely if we want to be going for automatic promotion we should be looking at better than  JR and Camara.

How about Tom Lawrence from Leicester ?? looked good in a poor Ipswich team last season

28 minutes ago, Saity said:

I really don't get this ....he needs a run of games ...please dont!! play him any more!!!  lol

Camara is simply one of the worst players I've seen in a Rams shirt and his flaws are clear to see, he is way out of his depth in the championship and without sounding too harsh is a headless chicken and at times has been embarrasing ..

I think we could get a fee for him because some lower french clubs think hes ok i'd take 500k for him.

As Russell has been mentioned I think everyone loves his passion and endeavour blah blah but truthfully is not good enough.

imagine a goal threat like Ince on the other flank, someone like  Simmo in his prime :thumbsup:

Brighton had Knockeart in similar role to JR and in truth there is no comparison.

surely if we want to be going for automatic promotion we should be looking at better than  JR and Camara.

How about Tom Lawrence from Leicester ?? looked good in a poor Ipswich team last season

Disagree with you here. Knockaert as Brighton's version of Ince, not their version of Russell. He played on their right and was given a roaming role, similar to how Ince plays.

A more apt comparison would be between Russell (our left winger) and Jiri Skalak and Jamie Murphy (who played left wing for them).

Skalak got 5 assists last season, and 0 goals. Murphy got 3 assists and 2 goals. 

Russell got 4 assists and 2 goals. So as a pair they got the same amount of goals and 4 more assists than Russell. Given how poor a year Russell had last year, I find it hard to believe he can't hit those figures next season.

Knockaert got 8 assists and 15 goals. As a comparison, Ince got 6 assists and 14 goals.  

Brighton's goal threat was similar to both our flanks and they got promoted comfortably. It's not our wingers that are the problem (although we should always be looking to improve).

27 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Disagree with you here. Knockaert as Brighton's version of Ince, not their version of Russell. He played on their right and was given a roaming role, similar to how Ince plays.

A more apt comparison would be between Russell (our left winger) and Jiri Skalak and Jamie Murphy (who played left wing for them).

Skalak got 5 assists last season, and 0 goals. Murphy got 3 assists and 2 goals. 

Russell got 4 assists and 2 goals. So as a pair they got the same amount of goals and 4 more assists than Russell. Given how poor a year Russell had last year, I find it hard to believe he can't hit those figures next season.

Knockaert got 8 assists and 15 goals. As a comparison, Ince got 6 assists and 14 goals.  

Brighton's goal threat was similar to both our flanks and they got promoted comfortably. It's not our wingers that are the problem (although we should always be looking to improve).

Fair enough i know Russell plays on opposite side to Knockeart but didn't think he was given free role.

Russell is one of those players you so want to do well but i just think we need a bit of freshening up and could be better for both parties if he was to go although GR seems to like him.

In my view Russell doesn't score or supply enough assists and someone like Lawrence or another forward thinking player would take the onus off of Ince a bit

We did not score anywhere near enough goals last season and that obviously needs to change and i don't see Chris Martin as the answer either as i prefer Nugent.....just my humble opinion  of course.

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Fair enough i know Russell plays on opposite side to Knockeart but didn't think he was given free role.

Russell is one of those players you so want to do well but i just think we need a bit of freshening up and could be better for both parties if he was to go although GR seems to like him.

In my view Russell doesn't score or supply enough assists and someone like Lawrence or another forward thinking player would take the onus off of Ince a bit

We did not score anywhere near enough goals last season and that obviously needs to change and i don't see Chris Martin as the answer either as i prefer Nugent.....just my humble opinion  of course.

My two pence worth is that with fozzy behind Russell and wisdom behind Ince things will improve. Couple that with Martin and things will improve again. It was difficult all season as nobody could retain the ball further up meaning we struggled

I agree, @EnigmaRam and saw enough of an upturn in form of Russell under Rowett to feel he can still do a good job for us, whereas Camara, for me, is a bit of a gamble to come on only when we are desperate for a spark in attack (which he may - or may not - provide.) 

We have others, like Weimann or even Bennett, who could do that for us.

Russell puts in a shift for 90 minutes, even when he is not playing at his best.

4 hours ago, Saity said:

Totally agree with the Simmo in his prime bit, camara yes I totally agree but I genuinely believe Russell will have a very fruitful year  for us next season and of course he is here and doesn't cost a transfer fee and he can produce the goods

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Spot on, the difference between us and Brighton is that they have the central midfield balance to play a 2 and as yet we've not really had this option. Get that right and we'll be able to play 'The Brighton Way'.

With Martin playing the Murray role and Nugent playing the Baldock role, we could play a Brighton 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 if we can just get that central midfield balance right.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Spot on, the difference between us and Brighton is that they have the central midfield balance to play a 2 and as yet we've not really had this option. Get that right and we'll be able to play 'The Brighton Way'.

With Martin playing the Murray role and Nugent playing the Baldock role, we could play a Brighton 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 if we can just get that central midfield balance right.

I'm afraid that's the plan.

Hard to beat, boring football and likely promotion vs entertainment and possible promotion is tough question..

22 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Cheers for the links. I read all that last season. Rowett wanted and bought Shotton whilst at Birmingham so really doesn't say much about Russell. I would take 2 mil for Russell if any team was stupid enough to spend it. 

It is funny how some fans on here will say oh Hughes he isn't so great etc and that is fine but Russell is above criticism. I still stand by the fact he is garbage. I did not see Camara was great either. Hopefully the both of them will be leaving, just much more chance of Camara being in demand as opposed to Russell. Running around and giving it your all is a wonderful trait to have as a professional football player but if we actually want to get out of this league, Russell will be a hinderance. Go watch a lot of the games from last season where the game changes as soon as Russell gets subbed off. 

I agree with SilentRam, 

Say it slowly to yourself 4 assists and 2 goals in  48 games. That isn't good enough, nor are Camara's. Camara obviously can't adapt to the English game. Russell's end product for all the running he does is shockingly bad. If someone offered 2m I'd take it and drive him there myself. 

1 hour ago, SilentRam said:

Cheers for the links. I read all that last season. Rowett wanted and bought Shotton whilst at Birmingham so really doesn't say much about Russell. I would take 2 mil for Russell if any team was stupid enough to spend it. 

It is funny how some fans on here will say oh Hughes he isn't so great etc and that is fine but Russell is above criticism. I still stand by the fact he is garbage. I did not see Camara was great either. Hopefully the both of them will be leaving, just much more chance of Camara being in demand as opposed to Russell. Running around and giving it your all is a wonderful trait to have as a professional football player but if we actually want to get out of this league, Russell will be a hinderance. Go watch a lot of the games from last season where the game changes as soon as Russell gets subbed off. 

No-one has suggested Russell is a perfect player - Or even that he's the best winger at the club - Ince is - However he is the 2nd best winger in the squad at the moment and I don't see any reason to be actively trying to sell our first 11

I wonder - Do you think wingers of the quality of Knockaert and Ince are easy to find? On the basis that the team who were within minutes of winning the league last season wanted Russell do you really think he's not good enough for a promotion chasing team?

I'm all in favour of getting a winger who's better than Russell - If we could clone Ince or give his talent to Blackman I'd be delighted - But until we get someone better in why the hell would we sell him? That just weakens our squad?

Russel splits opinion ,for me always gives 100%, works his nuts off and tracks back so that part of his game is consistent and a manager knows he's going to get that from him ,,,, when he is on it and the team are on it he is a real handful going forward ,, when he and the team are not on it his decision making in the final third and end product are poor ,, I think that's a fair summary? 

As for selling him ,, in today's climate no way would I let him go for 2mill ,,, give us 4 mill then we can talk and that only if we bring a better left winger in , given that Johnny is actually better on right wing then he keeps ince and a new winger honest unless of course he goes for no less than 4 mill

The thing with Russell is, each season someone has been brought in to replace him, but no one has been able to oust him.

Dawkins, Ibe, Weimann, Camara, Blackman, Anya, none of them kept him out of the team consistently.

Archived