Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

David

12 hours ago, rynny said:

I will do back to my original question, what talent has he shown whilst he has been here. Forget Russell, I just want to know what he has shown since he has been here, other than running fast down the wing?

It is a good statement. I'd say a few things

1) he is quick and definitely positive. When we had Clementesque keep the ball we were screaming for players to take the initiative 

2) he does that but in a headless chicken way. No thought to what he is going to do next if his move doesn't come off 

3) Bottom line is he has ball skills and pace but lacks a whole lot of savvy and forward thinking. He's the type of player, given a run in the side, would turn in a couple of mesmerising performances which would quickly be forgotten when he repeatedly makes cringeworthy errors. ... Truth ... Star player / local hero in a mid table league one side. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jono said:

It is a good statement. I'd say a few things

1) he is quick and definitely positive. When we had Clementesque keep the ball we were screaming for players to take the initiative 

2) he does that but in a headless chicken way. No thought to what he is going to do next if his move doesn't come off 

3) Bottom line is he has ball skills and pace but lacks a whole lot of savvy and forward thinking. He's the type of player, given a run in the side, would turn in a couple of mesmerising performances which would quickly be forgotten when he repeatedly makes cringeworthy errors. ... Truth ... Star player / local hero in a mid table league one side. 

Which is why he has only started 2 games in a row since he has been here.

3 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I agree if we can get most of our money back it was gamble worth trying.

We are always criterising that club does not explore the foreign market for potential bargins. For every one Mahrez and Kante there will be many Camara's.

He will probably be ok when/if he goes back to France.

If you don't speculate you will never accumulate.

I have no problem with us gambling on foreign players IF, and it's a big IF, we have done some research on the player.

I seriously doubt anyone at Derby even researched him. They were probably given the basic info of... Performing well in a newly-promoted club, good attitude, fastest player in Ligue 1, winger, available at a relatively cheap price.... And that was about it.

We at the time lacked a proper LW, and thus we opted to go for him.

But you only need to have a quick look at him to realise he lacks a footballing brain. Even from his youtube videos, his decision-making and general ball control was terrible.

He'd get the ball, run 20-30 yards unapposed (as the French Ligue 1 is more open with teams applying less pressure) before taking a pot shot from an angle while his teammates were better positioned. I saw numerous examples of these type of highlights, and these were supposedly his standout moments.

19 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have no problem with us gambling on foreign players IF, and it's a big IF, we have done some research on the player.

I seriously doubt anyone at Derby even researched him. They were probably given the basic info of... Performing well in a newly-promoted club, good attitude, fastest player in Ligue 1, winger, available at a relatively cheap price.... And that was about it.

We at the time lacked a proper LW, and thus we opted to go for him.

But you only need to have a quick look at him to realise he lacks a footballing brain. Even from his youtube videos, his decision-making and general ball control was terrible.

He'd get the ball, run 20-30 yards unapposed (as the French Ligue 1 is more open with teams applying less pressure) before taking a pot shot from an angle while his teammates were better positioned. I saw numerous examples of these type of highlights, and these were supposedly his standout moments.

Yep and was nt he with the right agency?

Pretty sure it was mentioned that Clement had never actually seen him play before signing him. He saw his stats and bought him based on them.

It's the only explanation, because no one pushing for promotion from the Championship would look at Camara and say, "he's the guy I want on the wing."

Please, Please, Please may this be true.

Thankfully we won't lose too much money on him but his signing sums up the absolutely ridiculous transfer business we did in the 15/16 season. Thank goodness we seem to now be reverting back to a sensible transfer policy, signing experience only where it represents good value, or signing quality at a sensible price. Just need to ship some more of these clowns out as well as Camara.

40 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Please, Please, Please may this be true.

Thankfully we won't lose too much money on him but his signing sums up the absolutely ridiculous transfer business we did in the 15/16 season. Thank goodness we seem to now be reverting back to a sensible transfer policy, signing experience only where it represents good value, or signing quality at a sensible price. Just need to ship some more of these clowns out as well as Camara.

The one thing that this signing and the Martin debacle does show is that Mr Morris does back his managers, blindly so.

Hoping now that we don't sign anymore players whereby the only scouting is done via YouTube or phone clips.

Camara came to this country and gave it a go plus probably made a few quid.

Good luck for the rest of your career Razza but it lies away from Pride Park

Take a bag of pasta, Asda or Tesco doesn't really matter. Take one piece of pasta out the bag, seal it up. Would you notice your bag of pasta was missing one piece?

That's how I feel about Mr Camara.

I'm not Russell's biggest fan after last season but he would add more to the team playing with an ACL than a fully fit Camara. It's ok talking about West Brom but away at Leeds any member on this forum could have played better. 

Surprised he was allowed to stay on the pitch until half time.

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm not Russell's biggest fan after last season but he would add more to the team playing with an ACL than a fully fit Camara. It's ok talking about West Brom but away at Leeds any member on this forum could have played better

Surprised he was allowed to stay on the pitch until half time.

I can confirm that with my fitness levels I would never have even made it to half time

2 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Camara may not be that great but at least he is wanted by other clubs. I keep dreaming daily that a club, any club will come in for Russell but I doubt anyone would want him given how consistently garbage he has been.

Sigh...

5 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Camara may not be that great but at least he is wanted by other clubs. I keep dreaming daily that a club, any club will come in for Russell but I doubt anyone would want him given how consistently garbage he has been.

You mean like Brighton who got promoted wanted him or Birmingham under Rowett wanted him.

That kind of stuff?

17 minutes ago, sage said:

You mean like Brighton who got promoted wanted him or Birmingham under Rowett wanted him.

That kind of stuff?

Don't talk crazy - No-one could POSSIBLY want Russell

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-birmingham-city-transfer-target-12463118

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-countys-johnny-russell-linked-12889036

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1776294/johnny-russell-summer-move-to-bighton-blocked-blocked-by-derby-on-deadline-day/

Just a cheeky "little" £4.5m offer from Brighton eh?

1 minute ago, sage said:

What you mean promoted Huddersfield wanted him?

Surely not, he's terrible.

To be fair it says IF McClaren went there - And it also says McClaren was the one who signed Russell for Derby - So their facts may not be very strong

Brighton and Birmingham more credible

42 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Might be best if you follow your name and stay silent before making another statement like that :p

Archived