Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

He can go for me. Any money we can recuperate for him would be a bonus.

He's quick of feet, slow of thought. Can whip in a decent cross in, sure, but only when given 5 seconds on the ball which he isn't going to get in the championship. Physically weak. Useless when asked to help the team out defensively. 

People say, he did really well against West Brom, where he played against a slow centre-back being asked to play right-back. He won't get that every week in the championship. 

In terms of what he contributes to the team, he's no better than Russell. Russell can be frustrating, but we've seen him turn it on in the past. We haven't seen that Camara can do it. That tends to buy you some loyalty from the fans. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cannable said:

His role at Angers was using his pace to carry the ball 50-60 yards up the pitch on the break.

It would seem we're becoming a more counter-attacking team. 

Ergo, dunno what I'd do.

That could work if he could run with the ball. His performance away at Leeds was the worst individual performance from any DCFC player that I've seen for a while.

The good news is we can only lose £1.2m at most from the deal. However his pace alone should see a side be willing to pay at least £500k for him.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That could work if he could run with the ball. His performance away at Leeds was the worst individual performance from any DCFC player that I've seen for a while.

The good news is we can only lose £1.2m at most from the deal. However his pace alone should see a side be willing to pay at least £500k for him.

I understand what you're saying Kernow and whilst I agree with you that we should sell, I wouldn't judge him harshly on that Leeds game. Let's not forget that in that game we had Shackell playing, Hanson at left back and Johnson of the left midfield just behind Camara. This allowed Leeds to have 3 men on Razza each time knowing that he wouldn't have the support behind him. I thought that was a brilliant tactical ploy by Monk rather than a disastrous performance on Razza's part.  Monk saw what Razza and Ince did against West Brom in the previous game and nullified that threat on the wings.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I understand what you're saying Kernow and whilst I agree with you that we should sell, I wouldn't judge him harshly on that Leeds game. Let's not forget that in that game we had Shackell playing, Hanson at left back and Johnson of the left midfield just behind Camara. This allowed Leeds to have 3 men on Razza each time knowing that he wouldn't have the support behind him. I thought that was a brilliant tactical ploy by Monk rather than a disastrous performance on Razza's part.  Monk saw what Razza and Ince did against West Brom in the previous game and nullified that threat on the wings.

Not just judging him on that game alone. Collectively we were terrible but he just stood out in that game.

Without his pace he wouldn't be a footballer. He was very cheap as far as our signings go, which is one good thing.

For me he doesn't fit into our squad at all. Of our attacking prospects he's the back of the line. He's cheap and foreign which means that there should be foreign sides more keen to take him on, like Albentosa, who we actually made a profit on in the end.

If we're cutting our squad numbers I believe he will be one of the easiest to shift, both in terms of the amount we will look for & the difficulty in deciding whether it's right to let him leave or not.

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

Now I'm not saying that Camara is a good player, we need as many outgoings as practically possible with bit part players. But if the likes of Camara are surplus to requirements, why shouldn't the average Russell be too?

He probably is,but russell is light years ahead of camara who is one of the poorest players ever to wear a derby shirt.

3 minutes ago, swiftur said:

He probably is,but russell is light years ahead of camara who is one of the poorest players ever to wear a derby shirt.

Bit harsh on Razza that. I agree that Russell is ahead of him, but i'd argue the likes of Gary Teale, Andy Todd & Calude Davies were a lot worst than him...

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Bit harsh on Razza that. I agree that Russell is ahead of him, but i'd argue the likes of Gary Teale, Andy Todd & Calude Davies were a lot worst than him...

How dare you! There is a reason Tealinho was bestowed with that nickname. Misunderstood genius he was.

10 hours ago, sage said:

Do you seriously think he played better than Russell last season?

Camara hardly played.  But I think Russell had a poor season; final ball was disappointing.  I think Russell needs a change of scenery. Admire his effort but he's just not quite at the right level for me. 

Russell's a far better player on the right, but unfortunately for him Ince has nailed that position for himself.

It's incredible how many left-footed wingers we have. The recruitment has been terrible in that regard, and signing both Blackman and Camara in the same window knowing they're inferior players out wide left was mindblowingly poor.

A right-footed LW is certainly a top priority this summer, as is an attacking midfielder.

Camara is literllay sixth choice winger/wide forward behind Ince, Russell, Anya, Blackman and Weimann. I'd have all of those ahead of him in the pecking order, that's how useless he is to us.

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

He's fast, that is it terrible at football

Yeah, remember him coming in against Preston away, I genuinely thought this boy is going to rip up defences in this league.

Those last 20 minutes the Preston defence panicked every time he ran at them. How the faithful there that hot late summer night sang his name........and that sadly was that.

Pace and nothing else, when I think people criticised Dawkins for not taking players on, he had miles more skill than Camara without being a great fit either.

Good luck to him, if we can get almost our fee back like Albentosa, chalk it to one of those foreign gambles that didn't quite work and move on.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Russell's a far better player on the right, but unfortunately for him Ince has nailed that position for himself.

It's incredible how many left-footed wingers we have. The recruitment has been terrible in that regard, and signing both Blackman and Camara in the same window knowing they're inferior players out wide left was mindblowingly poor.

A right-footed LW is certainly a top priority this summer, as is an attacking midfielder.

Camara is literllay sixth choice winger/wide forward behind Ince, Russell, Anya, Blackman and Weimann. I'd have all of those ahead of him in the pecking order, that's how useless he is to us.

You could chuck some of the U23's in before him aswell

I agree if we can get most of our money back it was gamble worth trying.

We are always criterising that club does not explore the foreign market for potential bargins. For every one Mahrez and Kante there will be many Camara's.

He will probably be ok when/if he goes back to France.

If you don't speculate you will never accumulate.

Archived