Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

David

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I agree, shown moments of promise but overall not good enough. Although in fairness that summary seems to apply for most of our signings over the past couple of years.

The thing I will remember him for is trying a flick on the halfway line to take on 2 players at home to Bristol City when there were 3 easy passes on and losing it, Baird absolutely tore him a new one. There is a time and place when to try tricks and flicks, and when you are 3-0 down, they have 11 men in their half and you are in your own is not one of them, especially if you lose the ball. You could forgive a youth player doing that but the fact he is 26 shows that he hasn't got a football brain, and the reason why he made it is down to his physical attributes rather than his footballing ones.

Capable of doing something special but also very capable of losing the ball regularly in stupid positions and risking costing us a goal. If we want to be in the top few positions he isn't good enough.

If he didn't have a fancy name and a good hair cut he'd have been written off a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Capable of doing something special but also very capable of losing the ball regularly in stupid positions and risking costing us a goal. If we want to be in the top few positions he isn't good enough.

True, unfortunately. I think his enthusiasm and attitude are plus points too, but...

56 minutes ago, feisty said:

I actually don't think he's had a chance.  I'd prefer him to Russell on last seasons form. But ultimately we need to shift some left wingers out. And so I'd accept a bid. 

Do you seriously think he played better than Russell last season?

57 minutes ago, feisty said:

I actually don't think he's had a chance.  I'd prefer him to Russell on last seasons form. But ultimately we need to shift some left wingers out. And so I'd accept a bid. 

Camara has got more talent than Russell and has played at a level that Russell only dreams of but you're right we need to start moving some players out. Camara needs a free role in the team to thrive, it didn't help that we required him to do what he isn't so good at like tracking back. It's like making Martin run the channels, he might do a job but he will look average doing what he isn't comfortable at.

Just now, McLovin said:

I think that even Nick Blackman had a better season than Russell had! It shows what a poor season he had.

You demean yourself by saying that. He didn't have a good season but West Brom away apart, Camara has been embarrassingly bad. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Camara has got more talent than Russell and has played at a level that Russell only dreams of but you're right we need to start moving some players out. Camara needs a free role in the team to thrive, it didn't help that we required him to do what he isn't so good at like tracking back. It's like making Martin run the channels, he might do a job but he will look average doing what he isn't comfortable at.

What talent has he shown here? All he has done is run to the corner, regardless of whether or not he has the ball.

Quick, gave the impression in cameos and that cup game at Hartlepool (?) that he had something to offer.

As it turned out, it became increasingly obvious he was here purely to challenge for the Calvin Plummer "Fast but *****" award. He won. That moment against Bristol City (see Rynny's post) will be the thing that stays with me, and he'll always be in any debate for worst Derby XI of all time.

Just not worked out for him. If he'd hit the ground running he may have got a run of games and done something but infrequent appearances and injury means he's so far down the list now we should definitely move him on

Archived