England Rugby v Argentina

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Was a breath of fresh air watching this game.. Both sides, took punches, got up and got back on top again. Some wonderful attacking play, with no fear. Not the Lions then but more pressure on The Lions.

REALLY?? The Lions haven't played against an international side yet. I agree they are playing sides that play together regularly but the England side is full of youth and they played very well.

I saw them at Twickenham against the Barbarians a couple of weeks ago and the ethos, work rate and determination was outstanding.

37 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

REALLY?? The Lions haven't played against an international side yet. I agree they are playing sides that play together regularly but the England side is full of youth and they played very well.

I saw them at Twickenham against the Barbarians a couple of weeks ago and the ethos, work rate and determination was outstanding.

Yep, the pressure on the Lions is huge even in provincial games. This is a second string England team, yes still very  good and great to see the fringe playing. I am not questioning their ethos or anything about them. I am an Englishman first and foremost.. I loved the whole 80 mins..

However the pressure associated with the Lions is undeniable. The coverage on TV, constant press coverage, the whole package. We win one and lose one and the world is falling in. Massive achievement being picked in the first place, now the pressure of a nation wanting them to beat the best in the world. I would say, tour -v- tour the Lions have the biggest pressure.

Absolute belter of a first test. If it's half as good tonight I'll be a very happy bunny.  Securing a series win with over 30 squad injured or away with the Lions would be a pretty impressive feat, especially in the Pumas' backyard. Big ask to expect them to repeat last week's' heroics.

On 6/18/2017 at 16:47, StockholmRam said:

And Mike Brown still isn't with the Lions... Puzzled beyond puzzled. Let me know when Halfpenny makes a break will you... 

Yep. Bonkers. People don't seem to rate Brown which I just don't get. Good hands, siege-gun boot, always seems to beat the first man, always presents the ball well in the tackle, brings a bit of dog, breaks lines and makes yards. What's not to like?

Good performances all-round really. We looked a bit leaky in mid-field as @HantsRam has pointed out but given the squad availability, I'm dead chuffed with the outcome. The Pumas are now all doom and gloom but if they can sort out their defense they'd be a pretty tough side to beat. They score enough points to win games, that's for sure. In any case, I'd like to think this shows at least as much about our strength in depth as it does their deficiencies, if not more.

Happy days :)

* Looking forward to seeing the Lions at Eden Park too - could be a belter of a game!

Archived