Skirt Wearers v England

Day

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rashford played out of position. Soon as the Ox came on who normally plays wide right, we score.

England need to learn how to kill the game off when winning with five minutes to go.

Two great free kicks by Scotland couldn't blame Hart for either.

Glad to see Chrissy as still got it after his sabbatical with Fulham.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Rashford played out of position. Soon as the Ox came on who normally plays wide right, we score.

England need to learn how to kill the game off when winning with five minutes to go.

Two great free kicks by Scotland couldn't blame Hart for either.

Glad to see Chrissy as still got it after his sabbatical with Fulham.

I notice martin wasn't booed this time he came on, he's got Scotland out of jail twice now, maybe he will become a hero for Scotland altho maybe it would help if he played for Celtic. 

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its me cousins 50th today. He's a complete pisshead so he's arranged for a 3pm start in the Black Swan, Utch for his birthday festivities, watch the Scotland v England match, and continue to drink into the evening until everyone falls over.

I'm getting too old for this sort of malarkay tbh but will endeavour to keep one's end up.

Well, ones end has been kept up. One is now ready for sleep. 

And if Stuart Armstrong had passed the ball left to Super Chris Martin at the end of the game where Scotland are bringing the ball out of defence but cheaply give possession back to England, Chris Martin has time, loads of grass in front of him and a footballing brain, he knows how to keep the ball, run the clock down, invite a free kick, win a free kick etc, then Scotland win the game 2-1.

But unfortunately for Scotland they still don't pass enough to Super Chris Martin, anything to do with his posh English accent?

Gordon Strachan praised him in his post match interview on STV.

Maybe some of the Scotland fans will have noticed his work in helping to win both free kicks, it is a team game after all.

29 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And if Stuart Armstrong had passed the ball left to Super Chris Martin at the end of the game where Scotland are bringing the ball out of defence but cheaply give possession back to England, Chris Martin has time, loads of grass in front of him and a footballing brain, he knows how to keep the ball, run the clock down, invite a free kick, win a free kick etc, then Scotland win the game 2-1.

But unfortunately for Scotland they still don't pass enough to Super Chris Martin, anything to do with his posh English accent?

Gordon Strachan praised him in his post match interview on STV.

Maybe some of the Scotland fans will have noticed his work in helping to win both free kicks, it is a team game after all.

Nigel Clough would've decked the loon ( and sent him back to Poland )

Wow, when the 2nd goal went in it was one of those moments that will live in the memory for a long long time. The noise, the adrenaline surge, the belief that we were going to win. It what makes football so special. 

It's going to be a long journey back to Derby, the heads a bit fuzzy this morning.....

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

I thought Hart should have saved both free-kicks.

Agreed, his positioning was awful.

Neither one was in the corner and he didnt get close to either.

First one maybe forgivable but to do the same thing 3 minutes later was ridiculous.

19 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Where have you been watching it?

Watched it in The Commercial.  The last 5 minutes were interesting times for me. :lol:

Ended up staying out and over at a mates, good night out is Inver!

41 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Watched it in The Commercial.  The last 5 minutes were interesting times for me. :lol:

Ended up staying out and over at a mates, good night out is Inver!

Shame I didn't see your original post until about 10pm last night, I could have met you for a few beers and a chat etc.

Did you go in The Black Bulll next door to The Commercial? It had a massive Saltire with Inverurie, The Black Bull on it, hanging from the top Windows outside. I noticed it when I drove home from work at 4pm. That's were a few of the Aberdeenshire Rams normally watch Derby on the Sky etc or in Aberdeen etc. I watched the game at home with my youngest lad and enjoyed a few cold beers indoors. Just seen the highlights of the England U20's winning the World Cup, so I'll enjoy a few more chilled beers this evening.

I was tempted to go back out, just to take a picture of the big saltire outside The Black Bull, but didn't, and can't find a photo on the Internet to pinch. Did you take a photo?, if so, stick it on here. If you are up here again, PM us or post a bit earlier so I see it, unless you were quite happy I wasn't out and about!

18 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Shame I didn't see your original post until about 10pm last night, I could have met you for a few beers and a chat etc.

Did you go in The Black Bulll next door to The Commercial? It had a massive Saltire with Inverurie, The Black Bull on it, hanging from the top Windows outside. I noticed it when I drove home from work at 4pm. That's were a few of the Aberdeenshire Rams normally watch Derby on the Sky etc or in Aberdeen etc. I watched the game at home with my youngest lad and enjoyed a few cold beers indoors. Just seen the highlights of the England U20's winning the World Cup, so I'll enjoy a few more chilled beers this evening.

I was tempted to go back out, just to take a picture of the big saltire outside The Black Bull, but didn't, and can't find a photo on the Internet to pinch. Did you take a photo?, if so, stick it on here. If you are up here again, PM us or post a bit earlier so I see it, unless you were quite happy I wasn't out and about!

Yeah we were in the Bull for a couple of hours after the game, I did see the Saltire but unfortunately didn't get a picture. It helped in finding my way from the train station though, you could see it from the bottom of the road.

If I'm up here when we're on Sky in August/Sept I'll drop you a message. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

@Derby_EnglandLoyal

Enjoy your trip? 

The city was in good spirits before and after the game, and Hampden was in fine voice. 

Pretty poor game until you scored. Hope we treated you with good hospitality. 

Yes I did mate thanks. Glasgow is top city and people were sound with us. 

Archived