Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Rowett spoke about his time at Burton and Brum.

He said when he moved to Brum he really wanted to sign John Mousinho from Burton, but felt like he couldn't raid the club that had given him a chance in football management.

I suppose it's different with Irvine, because to buy him we would be giving Burton in excess of a million quid, which would help Clough buy 3 more quality Scottish players.

Irvine is definitely changing my mind about him. At first I thought he was an average player looking very good in a poor Burton side. But the lad keeps on going. Would be a good signing at the right price. If Burton stay up, you'd be looking at the £3m+ mark.  

9 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

yes shows what good manager nigel is could be even better if he had our budget

More to management than signing players, paid over a million for Conor Sammon so not exactly got a squeaky clean record himself in the transfer market.  

No telling what he would have done with £30m, signed 18 players at Sheff Utd in one season, finished 2 places higher in the table on the previous season.

thanks for enlightening me about the atributes of management i have seen many managers in my sixty years of supporting derby county and in my opinion nigel laid a good foundation at this club which he is given no credit for on this biased forum  and what has been achieved since he left? to my mind he been a corner stone at derrby and should be given more credit

2 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

thanks for enlightening me about the atributes of management i have seen many managers in my sixty years of supporting derby county and in my opinion nigel laid a good foundation at this club which he is given no credit for on this biased forum  and what has been achieved since he left? to my mind he been a corner stone at derrby and should be given more credit

If you look around he's been given plenty of credit on this forum so that's not true at all, what is true is many felt it was time to thank him for the job he did and move on which paid off.

2 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

i have seen many managers in my sixty years of supporting derby county and in my opinion nigel laid a good foundation at this club which he is given no credit for on this biased forum 

Oh no don't turn this thread in to one of those arguments again

1 hour ago, David said:

If you look around he's been given plenty of credit on this forum so that's not true at all, what is true is many felt it was time to thank him for the job he did and move on which paid off.

yes cheers for again pointing out my lack of observation always someone on this site who put you right!

Archived