Beckham FC

Day

David Beckham's hopes of launching a Major League Soccer franchise in Miami took a giant step towards becoming reality Tuesday after city officials approved the sale of land crucial to a proposed stadium project.

Miami-Dade County commissioners voted by 9-4 to approve the transfer of a three-acre parcel of land worth $9 million to Beckham's consortium, which reportedly hopes to launch its MLS team by 2021.

Beckham's group had already purchased six acres of land next to the site for some $19 million in Miami's Overtown district.

"We look forward to working with the Miami community to bring our vision for the neighborhood to life," Miami Beckham United said in a statement, describing the deal as a "major milestone" towards its MLS team.

"Our loyal fans in Miami and around the world have been waiting for this moment for years, and we're thrilled that we're getting closer to our kick-off."

More >> http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10906870/david-beckham-gets-green-light-over-miami-land-purchase-for-mls-team?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"Our loyal fans in Miami and around the world have been waiting for this moment for years, and we're thrilled that we're getting closer to our kick-off."

Are Miami based sports fans not known to be some of the most disloyal and fickle in the USA?

Think he's talking about the loyal fans of Brand Beckham that would buy rat piss as perfume if it had his name on it

7 hours ago, David said:

Think he's talking about the loyal fans of Brand Beckham that would buy rat piss as perfume if it had his name on it

They already are.

What's beckhams association with miami? Why wouldn't he be trying to do this in LA where his wife seems to spend her time with the fashionistas.

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

They already are.

What's beckhams association with miami? Why wouldn't he be trying to do this in LA where his wife seems to spend her time with the fashionistas.

That's the whole point, chance to get away from her 

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

They already are.

Cos you can only set up a franchise in a place that doesn't already have one. And it was either Miami or Alaska. If you want to find a rod to hit him with, find a different one, there are plenty. 

9 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Most of the things he touches turns to Gold.

Good on him hope it works out.

I hope his Golden balls fall off the cock, imagine giving an MBE to his cat strangling zit busting clothes designing wife, never cut a cloth in her life, I have decided i shall decline my MBE on moral grounds :ph34r:

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Cos you can only set up a franchise in a place that doesn't already have one. And it was either Miami or Alaska. If you want to find a rod to hit him with, find a different one, there are plenty. 

Wasn't aware I was hitting him at all. It's barely news but since its filling some airwaves it piqued about 30 seconds of interest.

Happy to lapse back into total indifference. It's all a long way away.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now THAT'S amusing. 

Is there a potential 5th Beckham jnr?  To be called Dade perhaps :lol:

If it makes commercial sense I'm sure we will see one.

The Beckham 5 to storm the music charts in 2030 and take Xmas number 1

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That's not the reason at all, they are setting it up in Miami because of the massive potential.....it is a "sporting city" and there are millions of soccerball loving South and Central Americans living there. 

actually one of  the biggest complaints they have had about it is that there are already 4 or 5  "big" clubs in Florida. 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

That's not the reason at all, they are setting it up in Miami because of the massive potential.....it is a "sporting city" and there are millions of soccerball loving South and Central Americans living there. 

actually one of  the biggest complaints they have had about it is that there are already 4 or 5  "big" clubs in Florida. 

I thought there were already two teams in Miami??

Archived