Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why Rowett's priority is tinkering with the defence (Selling Keogh, Buying Davies, Wisdom link etc). Not saying we can't improve defence but we had the 6th best defensive record in the entire Championship last season.  

Surely the priority is the midfield

10 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Can't judge a player from one game really, the whole team got torn apart by us that game 

And......Hull got promoted after that match.

Plus he played at the heart of their defence that didn't concede at pride park in the first leg. 

Curtis Davies is a decent defender with big game winning experience. Should really have been an FA cup winner too. 

So long as the fee isn't of a ridiculous nature he would be a good addition.

Defenders aren't exciting signings but a solid back four is what most top sides are built on.

Especially the middle pairing. 

If he signs would he be a candidate for captain if we (hopefully not) sell Keogh? 

2 minutes ago, feisty said:

I don't get why Rowett's prioroty is tinkering with the defence (Selling Keogh, Buying Davies, Wisdom link etc). Not saying we can't improve defence but we had the 6th best defensive record in the entire Championship last season.  

Think that's being somewhat premature. Chances are there's nobody on here who really know which players Rowett is looking to move on and bring in - plenty of rumours and at the moment, that's all there are.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Web chat extra with Steve Nicholson at 7pm. ? 

It doesn't mean there will be signing. Just talking about DCFC, Questions and answers etc. 

31 minutes ago, feisty said:

I don't get why Rowett's priority is tinkering with the defence (Selling Keogh, Buying Davies, Wisdom link etc). Not saying we can't improve defence but we had the 6th best defensive record in the entire Championship last season.  

I think he plans on changing everywhere to be honest mate. For the first time in a while I don't think any of them are safe. 

33 minutes ago, feisty said:

Maybe because despite the defensive record we lost a lot of points in the last minutes of games which were mainly down to their defence and/or poor leadership and because we always look vulnerable at set pieces

7 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It doesn't mean there will be signing. Just talking about DCFC, Questions and answers etc. 

They did one yesterday. Literally no reason to do another one so soon just cos we've been linked with Curtis Davies 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

They did one yesterday. Literally no reason to do another one so soon just cos we've been linked with Curtis Davies 

Nicholson want to do it again. This actually been said before the link with Davies though. 

Our defence last season is a strange one to fathom ,,, yes we had 5th 6th ? Best defence in the division but in all fairness last season and for a few seasons, it's perhaps not the number of goals we concede but more the fact that we concede vital ones in terms of seeing games out ? We always seem to go into panic mode and as a fan you just know in your heart we are going to concede that last gasp equaliser or losing goal , we are just so fragile mentally at the back when it really matters , perhaps the qpr loss at Wembley was a sign of just that and it's stayed with us ever since ,,

strangely im quite excited by the fact that all the signs at the moment are that rowett wants to address this , yes we can look at the rumours and pull each touted signing apart but it's about rowett building the balance and unit that he wants ,, his defenders / his defence and he will stand or fall by his judgement but as I say I'm not looking at single signings but more the fact that he is trying to change an issue we have had for a long time that has really let us down

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Cutting down the wage bill ❌

Bringing down the age of the squad ❌

Players hungry to prove themselves ❌

We can't be supposedly about this and then sign someone like 32 year old Curtis Davies.

Better than Pearce though ( and that is not being rude to Pearce)

seems simple to me - Rowett wants the ball headed away from our goal area especially at corners (Davies can score a few as well)

If this happens and Keogh stays, it would give us chance to have pretty fast CB pairing. That of course would give us room to manoeuvre tactically. More I think about this, more I wish it would happen.

Archived