Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Any idea on the fee Hull would want? I'd say £2m max...

Just about right £2m is sensible. 

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Cutting down the wage bill ❌

Bringing down the age of the squad ❌

Players hungry to prove themselves ❌

We can't be supposedly about this and then sign someone like 32 year old Curtis Davies.

We also need some experienced players to help us get out the championship wouldn't be against this particular transfer but I'd like us to sign more younger players, the likes of wisdom, Hanley and Watkins spring to mind

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

We can't be supposedly about this and then sign someone like 32 year old Curtis Davies.

You need to find balance though, Rowett will also want someone who knows what it takes to get out of this league and is a leader on the pitch, Davies would fit this as well as adding height and premier league experience if we got promoted. Similar to what Shackell could offer Rowett as well.

Anyone know if Davies plays right or left sided CB?

32 with 1 year left on his deal, could possible get him for around 1.5m imo

Does this mean #welcomeHanley is off?

Just stalked some fan views of Davies  and many hull fans said that they are glad he is leaving. However, looking at past posts, many said that he was very good for them in the season so maybe a case of bitterness?

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Plus I am nervous about centre halves with nearly the name C. Davis, lol! Is he any good?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Does this mean #welcomeHanley is off?

Just stalked some fan views of Davies  and many hull fans said that they are glad he is leaving. However, looking at past posts, many said that he was very good for them in the season so maybe a case of bitterness?

Not necessarily could be that we are getting rid of shackell and Pearce and signing Davies and Hanley 

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Does seem very contradictory but I'm not convinced that we can't have a few signings like this, especially at the heart of defence where experience is often key. Davies has always been a top player at this level, and if we're looking at having the younger Hanley next to him, perhaps his experience would help? Always seemed like a good pro, and a back line of Forsyth- Davies- Hanley- Wisdom looks like the most solid defence in the league to me. 

Considering we're looking less at playing out from the back, and more faster counter attacking football I'd say that centre half pairing looks much more suited to me

Archived