Keogh

TroyDyer

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Good god I hope not, on the evidence Hanson has provided so far.

A loan spell, followed by a small fee is the most we can expect from Hanson, imo.

Hanson doesn't have the physique to be a CH. I suspect that Rowett gave him 90 minutes yesterday because he wanted a good long look at him. He's talented and tidy but I suspect that he may well be one who is surplus; can see him certainly going out on a season long loan if nobody comes in for him. 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ellafella said:

Hanson doesn't have the physique to be a CH. I suspect that Rowett gave him 90 minutes yesterday because he wanted a good long look at him. He's talented and tidy but I suspect that he may well be one who is surplus; can see him certainly going out on a season long loan if nobody comes in for him. 

Agreed, solid enough but doesn't seem to have that extra ability required in any of his positions. 

Would benefit from a season in league one I feel

12 hours ago, archied said:

Saw him make his debut for us and won't write him off just yet as there was a little sprinkle of magic to how he stepped up to the plate that day ,,, if it's in there then I reckon rowett could well be the man to coax it out of him ,, he's been moved from pillar to post and back again in terms of positions he's been asked to play so must be all over the place mentally 

agree he needs regular first team to learn the tricks of the trade more and find his best position.if he is just sold of on the cheap what does that say to the rest of the ones coming through.if not ready yet then loan him out to a championship club so he learns to play against better oppoments as he wont be playing against us and have a bringback clause.

as for keogh he isnt finished here but if the price is right and he wants a change then good look to him.hes been here years now and has taken the flack for odd mistakes but what players dont.

The Bent injury shows just what can easily happen in the blink of an eye.

Maybe he wasn't such a bad alternative off the bench, might we possibly miss him ? Especially with someone like Tom around who, at long last, we have someone who can spot a run by their centre forward.

If we sold Keogh and one of our centre halves got injured, where would we be ?

In other words, take yesterday. Say we had sold Keogh. Our centre half pairing would have been Pearce and....?

Sure, maybe we would bring another one in. How can we possibly bring in another CB better than Keogh for a reasonable fee ?

Perhaps our large squad size might be a blessing in disguise when you look at the numbers of players who seem to get injured nowadays 

Archived