Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh is derby, his style, his humility. That is what every fan wants to see at the club. If someone can name a defender, for the same price as Keogh that is proven, not potential then sure replace him, but I can say I've seen anyone to that standard for a fair while 

43 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Keogh is derby, his style, his humility. That is what every fan wants to see at the club. If someone can name a defender, for the same price as Keogh that is proven, not potential then sure replace him, but I can say I've seen anyone to that standard for a fair while 

How "proven" is Keogh though? Wembley loss, 8th, semi final loss and 9th. What's he proven? Not solely blaming Keogh but he's hardly achieved anything with us has he. Someone "unproven" may come in gel with Davies and get us promoted in a season and be more "proven" than Keogh has been the past four.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

How "proven" is Keogh though? Wembley loss, 8th, semi final loss and 9th. What's he proven? Not solely blaming Keogh but he's hardly achieved anything with us has he. Someone "unproven" may come in gel with Davies and get us promoted in a season and be more "proven" than Keogh has been the past four.

By that standard, none of our CBs are proven. None of them have achieved anything at Derby.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

By that standard, none of our CBs are proven. None of them have achieved anything at Derby.

Davies you'd say is "proven" from gaining promotion to the Prem with Hull. Not calling just Keogh but on achievements you can't say he's proven. Player of the year awards in failing teams is proof of what exactly?  

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Keogh has the scars. Let him go. He's like Chris Waddle penalties, he'll never overcome failure. 

Couple of myth's there I think Mostyn. I don't buy into this scar business, it's such an English thing to do to keep making a big deal out of an incident that happened in the past. Keogh has been a consistent performer for us, a major part of some very good defensive records. Waddle missed that penalty in 1990 yet went on to win footballer of the year in 93, major trophies in France and got to cup finals in this country. Is that failure? I'd take that sort of failure tbh. A complete myth. 

11 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Davies you'd say is "proven" from gaining promotion to the Prem with Hull. Not calling just Keogh but on achievements you can't say he's proven. Player of the year awards in failing teams is proof of what exactly?  

Shackell got promoted with Burnley, Pearce with Reading. Both have failed at Derby. That's what you were measuring proven on.

It's easy to look at players in isolation like that. But to take Keogh out of this team would upset the balance. And to replace him with anything like for like, let alone an upgrade, would cost millions more than the £3m Birmingham have 'offered'.

There are reasons managers keep picking him!

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Shackell got promoted with Burnley, Pearce with Reading. Both have failed at Derby. That's what you were measuring proven on.

It's easy to look at players in isolation like that. But to take Keogh out of this team would upset the balance. And to replace him with anything like for like, let alone an upgrade, would cost millions more than the £3m Birmingham have 'offered'.

There are reasons managers keep picking him!

I'm measuring proven on achievements not just with Derby correct me if I'm wrong but he's never won anything of significance with any other team either? 

Looks like I'm bashing him (I'm not although truthfully I don't rate him as highly as others) my argument is you can't rule out an unproven replacement if we sold him. If GR sees something in a CB we have to trust in his judgement. Who'd of thought a CB pairing of Morgan and Huth could win a premier league title. 

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I reckon despite his off field issue's, on the pitch a fully fit Caulker is better than Keogh - QPR want rid so would be able to get him cheap, wages would be the main issue

But next season you know what you will get from Keogh, as it stands you wouldn't know what Caulker you will get.

Personally I like to start the season with at least 1 of a CB pairing having played with SOME of the other players before

Having 3/4 of our backline being new to the club and new to each other is madness

If we keep Keogh then only 1 of our back line will be new - Wisdom and Keogh have played together already

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Couple of myth's there I think Mostyn. I don't buy into this scar business, it's such an English thing to do to keep making a big deal out of an incident that happened in the past. Keogh has been a consistent performer for us, a major part of some very good defensive records. Waddle missed that penalty in 1990 yet went on to win footballer of the year in 93, major trophies in France and got to cup finals in this country. Is that failure? I'd take that sort of failure tbh. A complete myth. 

Only a couple? You can't have spent much time looking then?

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Only a couple? You can't have spent much time looking then?

As in the x2 (couple) bits of information Mostyn stated. A couple of myths;

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Keogh has the scars. Let him go. He's like Chris Waddle penalties, he'll never overcome failure. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

I'm measuring proven on achievements not just with Derby correct me if I'm wrong but he's never won anything of significance with any other team either? 

Looks like I'm bashing him (I'm not although truthfully I don't rate him as highly as others) my argument is you can't rule out an unproven replacement if we sold him. If GR sees something in a CB we have to trust in his judgement. Who'd of thought a CB pairing of Morgan and Huth could win a premier league title. 

A number of posters keep having a pop at Keogh (and it doesn't wash saying "I'm not really having a go" when so obviously they are) but they fail to come up with alternatives in the touted £3m - £5m price range who are better (must be better otherwise why bother). Could it be because they can't think of any?

Also talking about achievements - how about 18 caps for his country (to date).

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I reckon despite his off field issue's, on the pitch a fully fit Caulker is better than Keogh - QPR want rid so would be able to get him cheap, wages would be the main issue

That might have been a reasonable comparison 5 years ago but based on the last 2 - 3 seasons Caulker has been a nightmare if the QPR forums are anything to go by

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

A number of posters keep having a pop at Keogh (and it doesn't wash saying "I'm not really having a go" when so obviously they are) but they fail to come up with alternatives in the touted £3m - £5m price range who are better (must be better otherwise why bother). Could it be because they can't think of any?

Also talking about achievements - how about 18 caps for his country (to date).

My point wasn't to have a pop is what I'm saying I have an opinion on Keogh but Im debating people writing off "unproven" replacements. 

I'm no scout what I'm saying is there could be a player out there that people would write off before they've even had a chance that could come along and settle next to Davies and be part of a promotion pushing team. Keogh might be that player and we won't replace him I don't know, but I have faith in GR whatever he decides.

Archived