Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not keen on selling to another Championship club who are genuine promotion candidates 

£6 million for a decent international central defender is a reasonable request- Wednesday paid £5 million for Adam Reach who was a wide midfielder who basically played full back for them.

again if it was a Prem club then so be it but not keen selling to a championship club but it's the managers call 

I like Keogh and I think he's under-rated by a lot of our fans but I wouldn't be against him going if we could get a decent fee.

All I've seen for the past 12 months on here and heard at games is how we need to freshen things up yet every time a player in the first 11 is mentioned we're all against it. Some of them have got to leave, there's no two ways about it. I'll trust in GR and whoever replaces him in September when he's sent packing. I think we've stuck by these players for a decent amount of time now and we've stood still. Over to you Gazza, do what you want. 

Selling our captain seems a little counter-productive if we're in the market to sort the back line out anyway, unless we can replace him AND get someone else in for the money he raises. His wages won't be huge (unlike, I assume, Hanley) and £5m isn't going to get 2 of the targets we've been linked with. He seems genuine, grafts, would stick his face in-front of a mortar shell if he was asked and has genuine moments of class, for the price of the odd mistake. I'd be down to build our back-line around him.

But then again, I've never met the guy. He might be a colossal penis to be around for all I know. I'd trust GR to have a better grasp of the situation than me.

46 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

No need to sell, sort out the fella either side of him first. 

Very rare to find someone who gives his absolute all every minute of every game.

No matter how much abuse this lad has taken he's stood in the face of all of it, never moaned or complained about his treatment from the bully/boo boys.

And as regards to Wembley he took all the abuse and came back stronger to eventually be player of the year again. 

If he does leave I'd be very sad to see him go. 

All the managers he's played for seem to have liked him enough for him to amass a large number of appearances.

Speaks volumes.

Very dignified man and an example of how to conduct yourself. 

For those saying don't sell him to another Championship club, where could we sell him to?

B4 could be right on Burnley if Dyche stays, Huddersfield maybe, other than that I don't really see which PL club would come in for him. 

L1 obviously out the question, as would SPL, only recently signed a new contract which you would think is decent money and may contain him to this league.

Now I'm no Keogh basher but the Championship top half would likely be his destination if he was to leave, which you then ask....is he good enough for us then?

1 minute ago, David said:

For those saying don't sell him to another Championship club, where could we sell him to?

B4 could be right on Burnley if Dyche stays, Huddersfield maybe, other than that I don't really see which PL club would come in for him. 

L1 obviously out the question, as would SPL, only recently signed a new contract which you would think is decent money and may contain him to this league.

Now I'm no Keogh basher but the Championship top half would likely be his destination if he was to leave, which you then ask....is he good enough for us then?

Burnley when they sell Keane or Crystal Palace if the ginger guy takes the job there, what you are saying is correct though but I do not wish to improve rivals 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

But Keogh is the club captain - it's literally part of his job to be the link between the rest of the players and management...

Manager yes, chairman, not so much...

I like him as a player, so this isn't a witch hunt, and i'm not trying to score ITK points, just what I heard.  I'd take £5m for him though...

I hope that the squad is refreshed but he should be one of the last players to be sold, our defensive record over recent seasons shows how good he is.

£5m would be a good price for him at his age but I agree that selling him to a promotion rival is madness.

I did say there will be a surprise departure this summer.

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

Maybe GR looks at players that have failed under several different managers, and thinks if he can get a decent fee, it would make sense to look in another direction. With his international career on a high, and his age, it is unlikely that Keogh's stock will do anything but fall from this point. I'm not a fan at all so would happily sell him, but even the Keogh fans must see that currently £5m is a decent fee. 

If Keogh is a failure I'd hate to see how you would describe the other bunch of no hopers in our team.

I would rather sort out our midfield and wing area before our defence.

And how do you know what GR thinks or is thinking?

Archived