Keogh

TroyDyer

Heard on very good authority (Ex Player) that Wednesday had inquired about the possibility of a £3m move, and Derby had said no, and were holding out for more. 

Expected to see a thread here but nothing. Has anyone else heard a whiff of this?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Heard on very good authority (Ex Player) that Wednesday had inquired about the possibility of a £3m move, and Derby had said no, and were holding out for more. 

Expected to see a thread here but nothing. Has anyone else heard a whiff of this?

That would be a reasonable price for him. 

@TroyDyer I saw this on Twitter over the weekend, think it said we want £5m.

Your avatar is interesting in that, I was told Mr Keogh is the one who normally goes whinging to Mel if the team aren't happy about things.  Therefore GR wants rid of him.

DISCLAIMER I'm not #ITK, a mate, who's a friend of a friend, of a friend .etc told me a couple of months ago.  Could be bvllshit, but GR does strike me as the type of bloke who won't tolerate that kind of thing from a player...

Would happily let him go for 3m but within the current market id expect we would be pushing for around 5m considering the price of players like Hanley, Flint + Roberts.

Could see us selling and using the money to replace him with 1 of the above

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Your avatar is interesting in that, I was told Mr Keogh is the one who normally goes whinging to Mel if the team aren't happy about things.  

But Keogh is the club captain - it's literally part of his job to be the link between the rest of the players and management...

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

But Keogh is the club captain - it's literally part of his job to be the link between the rest of the players and management...

Absolutely correct.

I've never understood the hate sometimes shown on here.

Yes - he makes the "odd" mistake but he plays with such heart its hard to fault him. (For me anyway)

We should hold on to him and pair him with a potential new/young player.

Wouldn't be surprised. 

What could would a ball-playing centre-half be in a team that in all likelihood won't be playing it from the back anymore? 

Would be symbolic for me however that functionality over football is the order of the day. Sad.

Just now, Igor said:

Absolutely correct.

I've never understood the hate sometimes shown on here.

Yes - he makes the "odd" mistake but he plays with such heart its hard to fault him. (For me anyway)

We should hold on to him and pair him with a potential new/young player.

Think it's to do with play off final. 

To be honest I think Keogh doing excellent for us and doesn't deserved the abuse he received while ago which was horrible. 

Maybe GR looks at players that have failed under several different managers, and thinks if he can get a decent fee, it would make sense to look in another direction. With his international career on a high, and his age, it is unlikely that Keogh's stock will do anything but fall from this point. I'm not a fan at all so would happily sell him, but even the Keogh fans must see that currently £5m is a decent fee. 

Hasn't GR essentially said anyone is available at a price. Maybe they have enquired, that's no surprise for a player such as him. But itd be like enquiring for ronaldo, of course he's available, if you were willing to spend a stupendous amount of money of course. 

2 minutes ago, Igor said:

I had nothing but sympathy. I was crying 'for' him - not 'at' him. :(

Same here mate. Some fans blamed him for the loss but they need to look at Fozzy Bucko and Dawkins before blaming Keogh. 

I'd still be happy if Keogh still here end of the summer transfer. Best defender at the club for a while. 

Archived