Apple

David

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

But it's funny that a third party has created a product to reverse apple's technological improvement, and can charge you for the privilege. 

If you say so, but it's a product you won't see in the wild.

For all the mocking Google and Samsung did over removing the 3.5mm port, they soon followed and both have wireless buds to purchase separately.

Apple have done so many laughable things themselves, look at the Magic Mouse, lightning charge port underneath so it's completely unusable whilst charging.

The original Apple Pencil sticking out the port to charge, these are far funnier and came directly out of Apple

2 hours ago, David said:

Apple have done so many laughable things themselves, look at the Magic Mouse, lightning charge port underneath so it's completely unusable whilst charging.

I have had iPhones for a long time I just gave my old IPhone 3 to my great grandson to play with. I have never understood why Apple thought that removing the headphone socket was a step forward, ok there are the wireless ear bud things but they also need charging, Murphys law states when you need the charge you iPhone that is the very  moment the ear buds also need charging.???????

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

• 1 year later...

https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/08/apple_iphone_16000_drop

😲

Apple has become the first smartphone manufacturer to pass the three-mile drop test after one of its iPhones was found on the side of a road by volunteers helping to recover debris from Alaska Airlines Flight 1282 over the weekend.

The device, which was reportedly found by X user Sean Bates on Sunday, was undamaged despite a 16,000 foot drop

On 09/01/2024 at 09:04, Stive Pesley said:

Try it again but without a case on.

I've never understood why phone manufacturers spend a fortune making their products a fraction of a mm thinner for each iteration and looking all shiny & sleek - and then everyone has to immediately put them in a case or they'd shatter the first time they fall out of their pocket when getting out of the car (I do this A LOT).

I remember a few years ago, I got a new work iPhone (8 I think) just before a group of us went away to Amsterdam for the weekend. I dropped it from the top of the steps as I left the plane and it was therefore shattered and unusable within about 4 hours of me getting it.

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I remember a few years ago, I got a new work iPhone (8 I think) just before a group of us went away to Amsterdam for the weekend. I dropped it from the top of the steps as I left the plane and it was therefore shattered and unusable within about 4 hours of me getting it.

Best thing that could have happened to an iPhone, (apart from it happening 3½ hours earlier).