Apple

David

19 minutes ago, David said:

You broke it!

Then again I guess you're used to that on Android :p 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJpAAAAJGZkMzVhMmVkLTc0NjQt

I've never understood why staring at this for five minutes every time you want to do anything makes a laptop worth triple the money?????????????

21 hours ago, David said:

6pm Tomorrow eeeeek! ?

Who else is excited to see what is coming out of Cupertino? 

I'm not......what's so interesting about apple nowadays?

They seem to playing catch up with android in terms of phones app integration etc and iPads are old hat.

I have no experience of iMac's etc tho,do is that where your excitement lies David??

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

I used to be massively anti-apple. My wife wanted an iPod, and I didn't let her. I spent ages researching a 'superior' Samsung device. 

I thought that once I bought one Apple product, I'd be trapped forever, and I thought I valued choice over having the coolest stuff. 

I was also terrified about learning a whole new os, as I used to be quite the Windows nerd, and felt I would be a total dunce in a Mac OS.

However, I eventually relented and got a MacBook, closely followed by iPhones and everything else. I was right, once I'd got one thing I was trapped in the ecosystem. 

But i love it. I haven't got time these days to research all the latest, greatest phones. I have faith the iPhone is at the top of the tree, or thereabouts, so what more could I possibly want. I see adverts saying the pixel has the best camera money can buy. Well I still remember when a 2mp camera was an incredible innovation with crystal clear images. So I'm quite happy with the camera on my iPhone. Don't even know or care how many mp it is now. It's more than 5mp, that's all I care about. 

Its so freeing having no choice. I need a new phone, I see what the latest Apple phone is. All I have then is the agonising decision over which colour to have. It means I don't have to pour over review websites looking for the best of the rest. Like I did when I found that Samsung MP3 player. Spent ages looking for it, and it was good, but it was relevant for about 6 months before Apple brought something way better out. 

Mans what's this about apple not innovating. Didn't they invent the format that everyone now copies in the form of the original iPhone?

im really looking forward to the next announcement, because I think they know the competition is catching them up and overtaking them. I think they've been saving all their best stuff for the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone. Something special is coming. 

23 hours ago, David said:

Never had one iPhone break, crack, smash, faulty, nothing, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6+, 6S+, 7+

Glorious phones, absolutely glorious

Had a 4s, 5c & now a 6s.  You only thing I've had go wrong was the screen kept going really dark on the 6s, so you couldn't see the apps unless it was pitch black.  Took it to the Apple Store in Sheffield, they had a look it, figured it was a software issue, and gave me a new one free of charge.  Only occurred to me on the way home that I went running with the phone face-down in a breast pocket and the sweat must've screwed with the light sensor.  No phones perfect, but like you said to @McRamFan I like my phones to work the vast majority of the time.  I got sick of Android apps being full of bugs and having to do a full factory reset every 3 months...

As for the event.  Be nice to know what iOs 11 will look like, but (even though it won't be unveiled til Sept) the 8 isn't getting me excited.  If the home button was in-bedded in the screen yes, but whilst it's on the back, I'll stick with my 6s or go to a 7.  It's stupid having it on the back, just doesn't make it user-friendly and smacks of compromise...

Ok so iOS 11 is nothing but improvements, using Apple Pay to send money through texts is a bonus, App Store looks so much better designed. iPad changes look awesome, that new dock will be so much better and that infinity photo app is insane.

The only disappointment is no dark mode still, unless they didn't think it would be big enough to mention, doubt it though.

HomePod, **** name, price really depends on that sound. £350 is a lot. Especially when you can get a Google Home for much cheaper. Can almost get 3 for that price. BUT if the sound quality is as good as they say, tempting. 

iMac Pro.....yeah 18 cores, wait to see what the price of that thing is, 4 or 5k calling it now. Will be waaaay out of my budget.

47 minutes ago, David said:

Ok so iOS 11 is nothing but improvements, using Apple Pay to send money through texts is a bonus, App Store looks so much better designed. iPad changes look awesome, that new dock will be so much better and that infinity photo app is insane.

The only disappointment is no dark mode still, unless they didn't think it would be big enough to mention, doubt it though.

HomePod, **** name, price really depends on that sound. £350 is a lot. Especially when you can get a Google Home for much cheaper. Can almost get 3 for that price. BUT if the sound quality is as good as they say, tempting. 

iMac Pro.....yeah 18 cores, wait to see what the price of that thing is, 4 or 5k calling it now. Will be waaaay out of my budget.

I expect to see you with one of each by the end of the summer.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I expect to see you with one of each by the end of the summer.

Well I have upgraded to the new iPad Pro so if you're interested in an iPad Pro 9.7 inch with a white Apple silicon case, give me a shout! 

Makes no odds, Android will be the biggest operation system, apple way to slow to keep up, has too many hurdles, too many issues.

Android has issues, issues that rise from demand. apple just refuse, put barriers up for apps.

8 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

One thing you should learn is don't debate with David. I've learnt this a while back with Game of Thrones. I've gave up since lol.

I don't mind debating with anyone, it's just important that people recognise they are wrong so we don't spend all day on it.

What kills any debate is when fake news is being used, like the iPhone costing £25 to make. 

See there's an article in the Independant, took me 30 seconds to find which states the iPhone 7 costs £174 to make

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/iphone-7-costs-apple-make-manufacture-a7329016.html%3Famp

The comeback on this will be yes but Apple Pay to bury the truth. This article was paid for by evil Apple.

Whilst Samsung has been fined over $300k for being found guilty of posting fake negative reviews on competitors.

You will also find those more strongly against iPhones haven't used one recently, views come from burning hatred from within, which is fine. 

I've used Android phones, seen the stats on this forum and watched 3 seasons of Game of Thrones. Unless I'm slightly on the wind up I won't give an opinion from ignorance.

Stand by what I've said about Apple, they are not faultless, nor is any phone. Should they pay more in taxes? Of course. But I won't boycott them based on it, the company do create hundreds of jobs, throughout the UK, Tim Cook recently gave $100m to charity.

The laughing chimp knows this.

17 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

One thing you should learn is don't debate with David. I've learnt this a while back with Game of Thrones. I've gave up since lol.

Because he can't.  Still waiting the justification of buying apple, especially regarding their tax avoidance, workers rights and their tie up with Foxconn.

Apple paid for these stories.

NOT JUST APPLE: Samsung Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Employees 16-Hour Workdays, One Day Off Per Month

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-factory-working-conditions-2012-11?IR=T

A worker-safety group has documented more than 200 cases of serious illnesses including leukemia, lupus, lymphoma and multiple sclerosis among former Samsung semiconductor and LCD workers. Seventy-six have died, most in their 20s and 30s.

http://www.ien.com/product-development/news/20830336/samsung-workers-speak-up-on-working-conditions

Samsung and Panasonic accused over supply chain labour abuses in Malaysia

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/nov/21/samsung-panasonic-accused-over-supply-chain-labour-abuses-malaysia

Edited by David

With discussions like this (and I use discussion loosely) it is down to what you find easiest to use, and what meets your requirements, whether that iPhone, Android, Windows whatever. I prefer Android and have had Samsung for my last 3 phones. I have tried using iPhones but I can't get on with them. 

The thing I don't understand though is the people who go and queue up for 2 days for the iPhone. Why? Is it really that important that you basically lose 2 days of your life over a phone? One of my friends does it every year. I know when it is coming up to release time because he starts to put things up for sale on Facebook. What's the point?

Would never queue but but can understand why he would sell the devices on early. Used Apple prices in good condition with the box are really good.

Say you hold on to an iPad for years, it would work great but you may miss out on features, iOS does slow devices down if you're installing the latest version on say a 3 year old phone, it works but just a bit slower.

When it ultimately comes time to buy a new one, you might have to pay £600-£700, your old device being pretty much worthless. Trade it in each year, never have any problems and you will maybe get £400 for your old iPad.

If you keep trading in each year you get maximum resale value, I've never done it before receiving the new device but say you pay £800 for the iPhone 7, you can expect to get around £600 resale value. The iPhone 8 might cost £850 so it's cost you £250.

As I said to Lester earlier, if you go sim free it works out much cheaper, you get a better contract, the latest phone each year whilst saving £20-30 per month. Plus the initial outlay of a phone that would be on a 2 year contract.

For many people having the latest and greatest doesn't matter, all you do is browse the Internet, not fussed about iCloud and all that. An original iPad if you didn't max out the iOS updates would do just that.

I make websites, it's what I do, I need to see how it looks on all screen sizes, like building a car without having a road to test it on. No way can I afford to stay and one device and run it's course, then suck up the costs of replacing all the devices with no resale value on old.

New iPad and iPhone each year, minus the contract would cost me around £400, that's £33 a month, little over a pound a day.

Listing all Apple devices might make you look mega rich but you play the smart game it's really not that expensive after you've made the initial jump.

(this only works if you take care of devices, Not chuck them around like toys)

Edited by David

10 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Makes no odds, Android will be the biggest operation system, apple way to slow to keep up, has too many hurdles, too many issues.

Android has issues, issues that rise from demand. apple just refuse, put barriers up for apps.

It's quite impressive how you can type the exact opposite of reality and sound so serious about it. King of dead pan. 

Let me try:

up is down, left is right, forest are the best team in the... nope, couldn't do it without smiling. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

Would never queue but but can understand why he would sell the devices on early. Used Apple prices in good condition with the box are really good.

Say you hold on to an iPad for years, it would work great but you may miss out on features, iOS does slow devices down if you're installing the latest version on say a 3 year old phone, it works but just a bit slower.

When it ultimately comes time to buy a new one, you might have to pay £600-£700, your old device being pretty much worthless. Trade it in each year, never have any problems and you will maybe get £400 for your old iPad.

If you keep trading in each year you get maximum resale value, I've never done it before receiving the new device but say you pay £800 for the iPhone 7, you can expect to get around £600 resale value. The iPhone 8 might cost £850 so it's cost you £250.

As I said to Lester earlier, if you go sim free it works out much cheaper, you get a better contract, the latest phone each year whilst saving £20-30 per month. Plus the initial outlay of a phone that would be on a 2 year contract.

For many people having the latest and greatest doesn't matter, all you do is browse the Internet, not fussed about iCloud and all that. An original iPad if you didn't max out the iOS updates would do just that.

I make websites, it's what I do, I need to see how it looks on all screen sizes, like building a car without having a road to test it on. No way can I afford to stay and one device and run it's course, then suck up the costs of replacing all the devices with no resale value on old.

New iPad and iPhone each year, minus the contract would cost me around £400, that's £33 a month, little over a pound a day.

Listing all Apple devices might make you look mega rich but you play the smart game it's really not that expensive after you've made the initial jump.

(this only works if you take care of devices, Not chuck them around like toys)

Love you.