Apple

David

4 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Why is iTunes so crap? They continuously bring out new versions that are invariably worse than the previous version. Everytime I sync my iPod, I get some tracks corrupted, some tracks duplicated and some tracks disappear altogether.

I've just tried to buy some stuff, you know, actually give them some money, can I do this? Can I buggery. First I'm told my password is incorrect, it wasn't, but I changed it anyway. Then I need to verify my payment method, so I tried to do that, but I can't because "I need to run Windows 7 or higher". I'm already running Windows 10 so now what? I've emailed them, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a solution. 

That’s a Windows problem. Not an apple one. If you had a Mac, you wouldn’t have those problems. 

11 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Out interest, is anybody on here actually buying one of these new XS max phones at £1000+?

Yep. Always buy my phone outright. Combined with my SIM only contract, it’s much cheaper than paying £250 upfront for the handset than £70+ a month to EE for two years. Plus the £650 I got from selling my iPhone X. Win win!

11 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yep. Always buy my phone outright. Combined with my SIM only contract, it’s much cheaper than paying £250 upfront for the handset than £70+ a month to EE for two years. Plus the £650 I got from selling my iPhone X. Win win!

I am fairly comfortable by most standards, but I cannot conceive of spending that much money on a phone. £12/month and £100 for a Galaxy Edge s7, (and I thought long about spending that much). £1400 would buy me a £20 bottles of really good malt, a 60" TV, good hifi, but definitely not waste it on a phone!

But each to his own, let us know how much you enjoy it.

23 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Why is iTunes so crap? They continuously bring out new versions that are invariably worse than the previous version. Everytime I sync my iPod, I get some tracks corrupted, some tracks duplicated and some tracks disappear altogether.

I've just tried to buy some stuff, you know, actually give them some money, can I do this? Can I buggery. First I'm told my password is incorrect, it wasn't, but I changed it anyway. Then I need to verify my payment method, so I tried to do that, but I can't because "I need to run Windows 7 or higher". I'm already running Windows 10 so now what? I've emailed them, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a solution. 

Just been through the same thing and felt the same way as you .My old Nano was gen 3 ,bit the bullet and bought a new Ipod Touch  and everything works great .I have a number direct to one of their help desks if you pm me .

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Just been through the same thing and felt the same way as you .My old Nano was gen 3 ,bit the bullet and bought a new Ipod Touch  and everything works great .I have a number direct to one of their help desks if you pm me .

Thanks for that, but hopefully no need, they're meant to be calling me on Monday.

On 13/09/2018 at 14:43, FindernRam said:

Oh I've just seen an ad for the iPhone XS max.....£1499.  For a phone?

Well it’s actually £1449 for the maxed out max with 512gb storage which only video/photo professionals would need. 

You can pick up the 64gb for £1099 which would be fine for most. Still expensive but we’re at the point now where phones are not just calls, texts and snake, they are pocket computers. 

Yes they are a little bit more expensive than Samsung flagship phones by £100/200, but that’s not much to pay for the peace of mind that it won’t blow up in your pocket or purse.

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-9-reportedly-catches-fire-in-womans-purse/

3 hours ago, David said:

Well it’s actually £1449 for the maxed out max with 512gb storage which only video/photo professionals would need. 

You can pick up the 64gb for £1099 which would be fine for most. Still expensive but we’re at the point now where phones are not just calls, texts and snake, they are pocket computers. 

Yes they are a little bit more expensive than Samsung flagship phones by £100/200, but that’s not much to pay for the peace of mind that it won’t blow up in your pocket or purse.

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-9-reportedly-catches-fire-in-womans-purse/

Which one are you getting?

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Which one are you getting?

XS Max 256gb. 

Wouldn't have bothered had it not been for the bigger screen. X to the Xs doesn’t make much sense. 

Bit faster, Face ID bit faster, camera bit better and 30 minutes extra battery life.

It’s an S year though, wouldn’t expect major changes until next year. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

XS Max 256gb. 

Wouldn't have bothered had it not been for the bigger screen. X to the Xs doesn’t make much sense. 

Bit faster, Face ID bit faster, camera bit better and 30 minutes extra battery life.

It’s an S year though, wouldn’t expect major changes until next year. 

Hey, you could always wait until next year.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hey, you could always wait until next year.

I could. But then next year you could say the same.

As you know, phones can be put down as expenses on accounts.

£750 for the X, which means the XS Max will cost say £250.

Over 12 months that’s £20pm.

EE Sim only phone contract £20pm = £40pm.

Go to EE now and you’re looking at £90pm 24 month contract and £100 up front for the phone.

Apple products hold their value well, by flipping phones each year you get a high trade in price if you look after it, keep the box etc.

I use my phone a lot, hell of a lot and works out at £1.30 day. Costs me 3x as much to have a shower and cuppa each day. 

On 17/09/2018 at 12:17, David said:

I could. But then next year you could say the same.

As you know, phones can be put down as expenses on accounts.

£750 for the X, which means the XS Max will cost say £250.

Over 12 months that’s £20pm.

EE Sim only phone contract £20pm = £40pm.

Go to EE now and you’re looking at £90pm 24 month contract and £100 up front for the phone.

Apple products hold their value well, by flipping phones each year you get a high trade in price if you look after it, keep the box etc.

I use my phone a lot, hell of a lot and works out at £1.30 day. Costs me 3x as much to have a shower and cuppa each day. 

You had me up until the point you tried to say you shower every day ,,,,,,,,,,,,naahhhhh 

iOS 12 is out by the way, don't be afraid to install it on older devices as it comes with performance/optimisation boosts, people with phones back to the iPhone 6 are reporting that it's like a brand new device.

Did you hear that Android, the latest software is available on a 4 year old phone and increases speed!