Apple

David

Having an ECG in your watch is the truly the technology you never knew you wanted and nobody asked for

I like the bit where it can tell if you've had a heavy fall, and if you remain motionless for more than a minute it rings your emergency contact

That feels a bit like there are more scenarios to be had here. How about if it detects you slurring your words in the pub, it calls you an uber and says "TIME TO GO HOME NOW STIVE!"

Just now, StivePesley said:

Having an ECG in your watch is the truly the technology you never knew you wanted and nobody asked for

I like the bit where it can tell if you've had a heavy fall, and if you remain motionless for more than a minute it rings your emergency contact

That feels a bit like there are more scenarios to be had here. How about if it detects you slurring your words in the pub, it calls you an uber and says "TIME TO GO HOME NOW STIVE!"

And stops you texting exes?

An Apple is something that looks really nice, tastes good but gives you indigestion, then goes rotten fairly soon, Then out of season so it has to be replaced by another one at a higher price. Sums up my experience of iPod. Can't see the attraction or hysteria that surrounds these fairly average performing bits of kit.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

An Apple is something that looks really nice, tastes good but gives you indigestion, then goes rotten fairly soon, Then out of season so it has to be replaced by another one at a higher price. Sums up my experience of iPod. Can't see the attraction or hysteria that surrounds these fairly average performing bits of kit.

I think that's a daveo ban coming. Don't badmouth the holy grail.

The constant need to bring out latest models at ridiculous prices pisses me off, plus all of the tax-dodging stuff (though I accept that pretty much every large corporation does the same).

However, iOS is far smoother, nicer to look at and easier to navigate than Android. My second-hand 6S still runs smoothly and I don't anticipate the need to replace it anytime soon. Guess I've just bought into the Apple machine.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Enough time for @FindernRam to reword his post.

Ok a reword as suggested: Last time Apple launched something there were these pictures of hundreds of bleary eyed saddos queuing round the block in the middle of the night to be the first to have whatever it was. When interviewed one of them said "well it's good innit, got to have it". He didn't really know what he was buying.

I vowed then never to be like one of them! I have a really good Win PC and a smashing Samsung Android phone. My iPod is not better than the MP3 player in the better half's Ford.

56 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The constant need to bring out latest models at ridiculous prices pisses me off, plus all of the tax-dodging stuff (though I accept that pretty much every large corporation does the same).

However, iOS is far smoother, nicer to look at and easier to navigate than Android. My second-hand 6S still runs smoothly and I don't anticipate the need to replace it anytime soon. Guess I've just bought into the Apple machine.

Same here.

I've got a 6S+ work phone and I like it but it'll be due for upgrade soon and I'd like to try something different. Trouble is I've got an iPad mini and a larger Android tablet at home and the iOS unit just works so much better even though it's 3 years older, to the extent that I rarely use the Android one.

Mind you, the last time I "tried something different" I opted for a Blackberry, which looked great & I liked the slide-out physical keyboard but otherwise it was junk.....and about 4 months after I got it, Blackberry torpedoed their own products and the few software developers who made & updated Blackberry Apps immediately stopped and so, one-by-one they ground to a halt.

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I am glad this has popped up because I have recently changed  from a Samsung S5 to an iPhone 7. 

I wondered if anyone knew if there was a way of keeping the numbers up on your key pad when you input a number followed by a space it always returns to the qwerty key board. It that the way it is?

download  a keyboard

Why is iTunes so crap? They continuously bring out new versions that are invariably worse than the previous version. Everytime I sync my iPod, I get some tracks corrupted, some tracks duplicated and some tracks disappear altogether.

I've just tried to buy some stuff, you know, actually give them some money, can I do this? Can I buggery. First I'm told my password is incorrect, it wasn't, but I changed it anyway. Then I need to verify my payment method, so I tried to do that, but I can't because "I need to run Windows 7 or higher". I'm already running Windows 10 so now what? I've emailed them, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a solution.