Apple

David

40 minutes ago, David said:

New Apple Watch has cellular, works without your phone in range as it has a SIM card inside, uses your usual number.

Watch OS impressive, now alerts you if you have a irregular heart beat whilst tracking your resting/recovering heart rate.

But what about the new phones?? 

I'm sure it will all be good stuff. If only they could make Apple music randomize a playlist so it plays every song once, it would be great.

We have a work playlist with 1000+ songs on it, it randomly plays 30ish, then keep playing the same tracks again and again! 

Spotify have this sorted, yet Apple don't. Grrr

I love the fact that they've created face recognition technology that wouldn't look out of place at the NSA, through what looks like some genuinely above and beyond r&d, simply because they want to get rid of the home button, and therefore need a replacement for the Touch ID, and the best they can think to do with it is emojis.

there must be something more world changing than emojis that you could do with that sort of processing power. 

6 billion processes a second. That's unfathomable. 

£1000 phone, I know what they will want, animated emoji’s.

Bit weird that one, not a fan of the route iMessage is going with all these effects, touch drawing nonsense. 

Mixed feelings on the X, wish they had blacked out the status bar, blended it in with the hump. Not a fan of the silver either as it looks white on the back, sides silver then black front. 

Will get the black but this one will really be it for a while, the refreshed version next year will need to be something super special. 

Looking forward to face ID over Touch ID.

This just looks to me like Apple again trying to solve problems that don't exist just to fulfil their shareholder demands of product launches regardless of progress and increased market value.

Who is going to upgrade to an iPhone 8, when it gets superceded on the very day of it's launch - and isn't even that much cheaper?

Plus the iPhone X no longer looks distinctively "Apple" either.

If you’re on a iPhone 6, the 8 would be quite a jump and quite a bit cheaper. 

Probably cautious of removing the home button and increasing the price by £300. 

Expect we’ll see a similar 8S next year before they fully move over to the all screen no button £1500 devices.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

This just looks to me like Apple again trying to solve problems that don't exist just to fulfil their shareholder demands of product launches regardless of progress and increased market value.

Who is going to upgrade to an iPhone 8, when it gets superceded on the very day of it's launch - and isn't even that much cheaper?

It's all about the build quality though, innit. 

Get the x in the same room as a Samsung and I bet you'll see a difference. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Me for one.  Currently have a 6s, and due for an upgrade in Jan.  I can't justify a few hundred upfront and a - what's likely to be - £70 a month contract, on a phone I have to shove in front of my face each time I want to use it.  I can see FaceID getting superseded once they figure out how to embed the finger print scanner under the screen...

18 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Me for one.  Currently have a 6s, and due for an upgrade in Jan.  I can't justify a few hundred upfront and a - what's likely to be - £70 a month contract, on a phone I have to shove in front of my face each time I want to use it.  I can see FaceID getting superseded once they figure out how to embed the finger print scanner under the screen...

Surely the face id thing isn't compulsory is it? 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I can see FaceID getting superseded once they figure out how to embed the finger print scanner under the screen...

They'll put a fingerprint scanner on the back in the next one, facial recognition is rubbish it always is and always will be, there's will be an angle or light condition that it won't work on

15 hours ago, Joe. said:

They'll put a fingerprint scanner on the back in the next one, facial recognition is rubbish it always is and always will be, there's will be an angle or light condition that it won't work on

Having one on the back is even dumber, don't know why makers even bother...

Edited by ramsbottom

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Having one on the back is even dumber, don't know why makers even bother...

Especially on the larger phones, finger never rests on the scanner naturally, have to twist your finger.

Apples Face ID hasn’t hit the world yet so it’s impossible to claim it’s rubbish. Facial recognition will be the future, not just because of Apple, Samsung took the first steps with iris scanner.

Cash points, the lot will start scanning faces. You can quote me on this. Just don’t ask me about the Burka.