Apple

David

Is that the same company that paid £12m in tax on a £2bn profit in the UK a few years ago, only about £400m short?  The same one that got a £11bn fine for tax avoidance?

When they start paying their tax I might look at their products. 0.005 per cent tax on its European profits for more than a decade...

Just now, McRamFan said:

Is that the same company that paid £12m in tax on a £2bn profit in the UK a few years ago, only about £400m short?  The same one that got a £11bn fine for tax avoidance?

When they start paying their tax I might look at their products. 0.005 per cent tax on its European profits for more than a decade...

You say that like we should have morales and use an Android *shudders*, not saying it's right but I like my phone to work. 

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Let it go, its eating you up Mac :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, David said:

You say that like we should have morales and use an Android *shudders*, not saying it's right but I like my phone to work. 

Never had an issue with any phone I have used since the mid 90's. Apple reliability is just hype, mate of mine fixes mobiles and he has equal amounts of both in for repair, and it's usually user error.

12 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Never had an issue with any phone I have used since the mid 90's. Apple reliability is just hype, mate of mine fixes mobiles and he has equal amounts of both in for repair, and it's usually user error.

What really, Apple phones are notoriously temperamental?

21 minutes ago, David said:

Never had one iPhone break, crack, smash, faulty, nothing, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6+, 6S+, 7+

Glorious phones, absolutely glorious

4 and 6 had a recall notice, 6+ bend issues and fire risk and 5 had so many problems it was unreal, on button went AWOL and charging problems, 7 screen freeze, nothing on any apple product is an original patent, even recently they paid Nokia for a patent under duress ( court order)

Samsung had a fire problem with the Note 7 and Apple paid £300m USD to discredit them for a fault through increased advertising streams.

Operating system, iOs operating system is excellent and highly efficient.

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Surprised you still use them @David. I've seen how much you've complained about Apple on Twitter.

Not moaned about iPhone? MacBook had issues but they replaced with a brand spankingly new sealed boxed one when it was out of warranty.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Not moaned about iPhone? MacBook had issues but they replaced with a brand spankingly new sealed boxed one when it was out of warranty.

Ah, fair enough. In terms of phones I was using Windows phones, but the lack app compatibility really hampers them, which is annoying considering how important they are for my job. So I've moved to Android and never looked back. They tend to be cheaper than Apple as well, which is good for my limited budget. 

13 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

4 and 6 had a recall notice, 6+ bend issues and fire risk and 5 had so many problems it was unreal, on button went AWOL and charging problems, 7 screen freeze, nothing on any apple product is an original patent, even recently they paid Nokia for a patent under duress ( court order)

Samsung had a fire problem with the Note 7 and Apple paid £300m USD to discredit them for a fault through increased advertising streams.

Operating system, iOs operating system is excellent and highly efficient.

Behave, give me any phone and I can bend the ******, that's the dumb YouTubers that drop test them out of 2nd story windows for views.

All the rest show me your sources as I can smell something farm yard like in here.

There was never any "recall notices" Apple were aware of a very very small number of 6S phones that shutdown which they replaced.

A recall is when the company issues for example urgent notices for all devices to be returned as they are fire risks. Never never happened with Apple.

For every Apple issue you can find I will link you to 5 Android phone issues from fires, security, Ram, display issues. 

Edited by David

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Ah, fair enough. In terms of phones I was using Windows phones, but the lack app compatibility really hampers them, which is annoying considering how important they are for my job. So I've moved to Android and never looked back. They tend to be cheaper than Apple as well, which is good for my limited budget. 

Yeah Windows are a bit diff for that, even this forums software developers won't support it, give it another couple of failed flagship phones and they will be gone.

Apple or Android now, your only 2 options.

I get the appeal for Android, more customisable, expandable storage but that comes with more security issues, App Store full of malware, adware virus crap. You basically accept the software that comes with the phone, updates are so slow if ever as you have to wait for the operator to fill it with their bloat ware before releasing it.....but they are cheaper and in some cases look nicer.

S8 looks super sexy, just a shame it runs Android

iPhone 6S

Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

iPhone 6+

Apple has determined that some iPhone 6 Plus devices may exhibit display flickering or Multi-Touch issues after being dropped multiple times on a hard surface and then incurring further stress on the device.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6plus-multitouch/

Note 7

On October 10 we took the decision to stop sales and shipments of Galaxy Note7 devices as part of our commitment to customer safety. 

We have asked everyone with a Galaxy Note7 to back up your data (click here for details of how) and switch off your device. 
Once you have done that please replace your device following the steps below. 

We are truly sorry that we have not met the high standard that you expect from Samsung.
We thank you for your patience during this time, and apologise for the inconvenience we have caused.

We would like to reassure you and all our Samsung customers that the Galaxy Note7 is the only device affected.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/note7exchange/

Edited by David

1 minute ago, David said:

Behave, give me any phone and I can bend the ******, that's the dumb YouTubers that drop test them out of 2nd story windows for views.

All the rest show me your sources as I can smell something farm yard like in here.

There was never any "recall notices" Apple were aware of a very very small number of 6S phones that shutdown which they replaced.

A recall is when the company issues for example urgent notices for all devices to be returned as they are fire risks. Never never happened with Apple.

For every Apple issue you can find I will link you to 5 Android phone issues from fires, security, Ram, display issues. 

How would that bend, surely dropping it from the second story of a building would just disintegrate on impact?

I am not supporting Android based phones because they are built through a cooperative with different makers and each phone built differently.

10 minutes ago, David said:

iPhone 6S

Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

iPhone 6+

Apple has determined that some iPhone 6 Plus devices may exhibit display flickering or Multi-Touch issues after being dropped multiple times on a hard surface and then incurring further stress on the device.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6plus-multitouch/

Note 7

On October 10 we took the decision to stop sales and shipments of Galaxy Note7 devices as part of our commitment to customer safety. 

We have asked everyone with a Galaxy Note7 to back up your data (click here for details of how) and switch off your device. 
Once you have done that please replace your device following the steps below. 

We are truly sorry that we have not met the high standard that you expect from Samsung.
We thank you for your patience during this time, and apologise for the inconvenience we have caused.

We would like to reassure you and all our Samsung customers that the Galaxy Note7 is the only device affected.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/note7exchange/

You ain't gonna see a bloody thing searching google, they spend billions on farmyard animals removing posts and listings, try the way back?

Just now, LesterRam said:

How would that bend, surely dropping it from the second story of a building would just disintegrate on impact?

I am not supporting Android based phones because they are built through a cooperative with different makers and each phone built differently.

What I meant is it's the dumb YouTubers that created "Bendgate", the same ones that do the drop tests, dip them in acid and all sorts. Grab any phone and try and bend it and you will crack most, they are not designed to be bent. All phones will also scratch or dent when dropped from buildings. 

Only 9 people actually made a complaint to Apple

https://9to5mac.com/2014/09/25/apple-responds-to-iphone-6-bendgate-controversy-says-only-9-customers-have-complained/

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

You ain't gonna see a bloody thing searching google, they spend billions on farmyard animals removing posts and listings, try the way back?

Dear me, yet I guess Google, Android and Samsung wouldn't, just the nasty Apple behave!