Lions 2017

Angry Ram

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

Courtney Lawes needs to start for me. 

Make a great impact coming on. Im not totally opposed to the thought Curtains mate... but I see the Sarries Itojeh and Kruis controlling possesion and set peice and the likes of Lawes, Sinkler coming off the bench later on.... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights again, Warburton was everywhere. Sean O Brien excellent as well. 

Well done Kieran Reid for his interview post match, full of praise for the lions but oozing an air of confidence for next week. 

So...All Blacks bring in 3 newish faces to starting line up and bench and recall J Savea..drop both wingers totally from the test squad. 

Now I dont want to put false hope into mine or your heads but it does seem to be strange to me for them to be doing this...they are usually pretty settled on what they are doing/picking, and even losing the likes of Ben Smith and Sony Bill would be just a seemless morph from last weeks bench... Daag has been indifferent at Full Back... Jordie Barrett awesome for Canes this season but my word what a game to blood him in at test level. 

Here we go again. Heart says lions, head says NZ. One last big push for the lions players at the end of a very long season. 

Another big physical game from the forwards will help. If only we could get a lead early on and see how they handle the pressure. 

Proud of the team.. How we survived that first half, I will never know.

Just a shout out for one of the opposition.. Kieran Read, what an absolute gent he seems. 

Lions player of the tour, for me Maro Itoje.. Old head on young shoulders, class..

A classic test series if not tour. 

Maintains the feasibility of putting together an eclectic touring side every 4 years that can be truly competitive. 

Heard there was a possibility of an "unofficial " 4th test in the autumn but it's been scuppered by England players being released for the national side.

Archived