DCFC Fans - 16/17 Round Up...P.S We're back! Podcast

Day

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Huddersfield going up says it all really .

Watching their fans celebrate was hard as I could only think about what might have been with DCFC. 

Yesterday showed you don't need big money signings to get a club up, it's about creating a team not a selection of individuals, something that Derby have failed to do and need to get right soon. The longer it takes, the more clubs will have a slice of that Premier League pie and we will be left behind.

Clubs like Bournemouth have not just overtook us but are streets ahead now, to think we couldn't compete with them for players now is mind boggling.

Don't mean to be disrespectful at all to Bournemouth, or Huddersfield for that matter, they 100% deserve to be where they are. 

Wouldn't say it was hard to watch but it is frustrating to see them overtake us, I have no shame in admitting I am jealous.

This upcoming season feels a little different, before fans were questioning who is making the signings, who are the scouts, who does these deals, no questions anymore, Gary Rowett 100%.

He's talked the talk now I'm waiting to see if he can walk the walk, prepared to give him the time to get this right. That might mean waiting another 2 weeks before we see a player depart or sign, much rather he gets it right than rushes to appease fans. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, David said:

Yesterday showed you don't need big money signings to get a club up, it's about creating a team not a selection of individuals, something that Derby have failed to do and need to get right soon. The longer it takes, the more clubs will have a slice of that Premier League pie and we will be left behind.

Clubs like Bournemouth have not just overtook us but are streets ahead now, to think we couldn't compete with them for players now is mind boggling.

Don't mean to be disrespectful at all to Bournemouth, or Huddersfield for that matter, they 100% deserve to be where they are. 

Wouldn't say it was hard to watch but it is frustrating to see them overtake us, I have no shame in admitting I am jealous.

This upcoming season feels a little different, before fans were questioning who is making the signings, who are the scouts, who does these deals, no questions anymore, Gary Rowett 100%.

He's talked the talk now I'm waiting to see if he can walk the walk, prepared to give him the time to get this right. That might mean waiting another 2 weeks before we see a player depart or sign, much rather he gets it right than rushes to appease fans. 

Keep up the good work with the podcasts.

Have not listened to it all of it properly yet but will soon. 

Did notice Srg wasn't bothered about keeping Chris Martin but I would be sad if he left. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Ridiculous.

Why ridiculous because although I wanted Gary Rowett and still do want him at DCFC but that doesn't mean I can't question DCFC transfer policy regarding being too slow .

They could make players available for transfer and tell us who they are .

They could tell us a lot more than they do and I maintain that. 

We are all just guessing and yes I did find saying bless him condescending even if I now realise it was referring to B4 because he was saying he started a similar post last season and thought he was proved right and I agree with him in the fact that you need to do deals early or miss out to other teams. 

Im not saying it isn't difficult and I realise that transfer windows open on certain dates but the general consensus of opinion was big changes in playing personal is needed .

I know it will take time but we can't be ridiculing people for having certain views that's all.  

I mean not all you're views are correct they are an opinion on a forum. 

You might want to have a read of this from Peterborough's chairman/owner.

Just now, rynny said:

Sorry forgot you had done that, I'm blaming too much sun over the weekend :ph34r:

Lol! That must be a euphemism, it was a Bank Holiday! :D

An interesting piece though and one you might our recruitment team(s) had read a few seasons ago, I bet it hasn't changed that much in it's working just maybe in the amounts wanted?

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Are you not on pod bean any more? 

No, had a few issues with it so we moved to Soundcloud. If you are using any third party app that collects podcasts from iTunes we will still be there unchanged.

If you have been listening via Podbeans own app we won't be available on there anymore. 

32 minutes ago, David said:

No, had a few issues with it so we moved to Soundcloud. If you are using any third party app that collects podcasts from iTunes we will still be there unchanged.

If you have been listening via Podbeans own app we won't be available on there anymore. 

Thanks, will get rid of that and get sound cloud. I don't use the apps for anything else so they just clutter up my phone if I am not using them!

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, will get rid of that and get sound cloud. I don't use the apps for anything else so they just clutter up my phone if I am not using them!

Is it an iPhone or Android phone you have?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Android.:ph34r:

It's ok I forgive you,

If you install CastBox

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&hl=en

That will give you access to far more podcasts including Joel's Derby County Podcast and Him & Dad DCFC Podcast, as it pulls from iTunes, so if any Podcast moves to a new host you won't need to change apps again. 

1 hour ago, David said:

It's ok I forgive you,

If you install CastBox

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&hl=en

That will give you access to far more podcasts including Joel's Derby County Podcast and Him & Dad DCFC Podcast, as it pulls from iTunes, so if any Podcast moves to a new host you won't need to change apps again. 

Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to listen to the podcast offline, which I was able to do on Podbean. I'm also an Android peasant so I can't download directly from the Podcast app. Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to listen to the podcast offline, which I was able to do on Podbean. I'm also an Android peasant so I can't download directly from the Podcast app. Any ideas?

Using Castbox?

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

On that 1 it looks like you can download, the arrow that I have circled in the pic.

20170530_172541.png

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Yep, maybe I'm being thick and can't find the download episode button.

Edit: Ignore me, I've found it. Many thanks.

Wasted all that time for you. Pffft!!!

Archived