DCFC Fans - 16/17 Round Up...P.S We're back! Podcast

David

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Noticed David you said bless him about me that was a bit condescending right. 

I will tell you about our transfer policy it's **** up to now even with Rowett who I like. 

Didn't say that about you at all, rewind a little, listen again. 

How is our transfer policy star star star star up under Rowett when he's not had a single transfer window yet?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't say that about you at all, rewind a little, listen again. 

How is our transfer policy star star star star up under Rowett when he's not had a single transfer window yet?

Why another warning for that as you know you said bless him about someone else but you were referring to me starting a post about signings.

Ban me if you like as I think you are itching to do it. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why another warning for that as you know you you said bless him about someone else but you were referring to me starting a post about signings.

Ban me if you like as I think you are itching to do it. 

What on earth are you on about? Nobody has given you a warning for that nor am I itching to ban you, I replied to your post which was wrong and questioned you on why the transfer policy is **** up that's all. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

What on earth are you on about? Nobody has given you a warning for that nor am I itching to ban you, I replied to your post which was wrong and questioned you on why the transfer policy is **** up that's all. 

I take that back then but everytime I press dcfcfans.uk it logs me out on my IPAD .

I still have a warning point  is that correct. 

No retrictions being applied. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

I take that back then but everytime I press dcfcfans.uk it logs me out on my IPAD .

I still have a restriction is that correct. 

No, you have no restrictions otherwise you wouldn't be posting and to clear this all up for anyone that's reading this complete overreaction.

You received a warning in January for swearing at other members from a moderator, you received another warning in March from me for making accusations towards another member that they are being paid by the club to post what they are.

You have never ever ever received a warning for me disagreeing with you, never, not today or ever.

On the podcast I credited you with the first where are the signings topic of the season on May 29th which I thought was ridiculous, I still do and will put my views across to you. Having seen this post later in that topic

16 hours ago, curtains said:

Exactly don't leave it too late again. 

Dont expect too many ins and outs to be honest . 

I like to promote discussion and the opening post is mostly tongue in cheek 

I'm not even sure if it was a wind up or not but given your reply in this topic saying that "I will tell you about our transfer policy it's **** up to now even with Rowett who I like." I'm thinking it wasn't tongue in cheek at all. Ever heard of the Boy that cried Wolf?

Back to the Podcast I went on to talk about rumours, how B4 made a comment that we missed out on players, Villa signed all our targets as we moved to slow. I said bless him, I don't want to knock him as many fans are like this, they see a rumours and believe everything is true. We have over 1000 transfer topics on this board in the last 7 years, some will be duplicates, others suggestions but you're looking at around 1000. My point was to read them, have an opinion but don't just take it as 100% fact and get angry if they go to other clubs.

By me saying bless him that is how I talk, it's never meant to be condescending in anyway, I say bless her about my girlfriend, mates, that's just a natural thing for me to say. 

As for your iPad just hit the refresh button, I have found an issue where using multiple devices can appear to log you out on devices but simply refreshing will fix that, may take a few pages before it sticks.

16 minutes ago, David said:

No, you have no restrictions otherwise you wouldn't be posting and to clear this all up for anyone that's reading this complete overreaction.

You received a warning in January for swearing at other members from a moderator, you received another warning in March from me for making accusations towards another member that they are being paid by the club to post what they are.

You have never ever ever received a warning for me disagreeing with you, never, not today or ever.

On the podcast I credited you with the first where are the signings topic of the season on May 29th which I thought was ridiculous, I still do and will put my views across to you. Having seen this post later in that topic

I'm not even sure if it was a wind up or not but given your reply in this topic saying that "I will tell you about our transfer policy it's **** up to now even with Rowett who I like." I'm thinking it wasn't tongue in cheek at all. Ever heard of the Boy that cried Wolf?

Back to the Podcast I went on to talk about rumours, how B4 made a comment that we missed out on players, Villa signed all our targets as we moved to slow. I said bless him, I don't want to knock him as many fans are like this, they see a rumours and believe everything is true. We have over 1000 transfer topics on this board in the last 7 years, some will be duplicates, others suggestions but you're looking at around 1000. My point was to read them, have an opinion but don't just take it as 100% fact and get angry if they go to other clubs.

By me saying bless him that is how I talk, it's never meant to be condescending in anyway, I say bless her about my girlfriend, mates, that's just a natural thing for me to say. 

As for your iPad just hit the refresh button, I have found an issue where using multiple devices can appear to log you out on devices but simply refreshing will fix that, may take a few pages before it sticks.

Ridiculous.

Why ridiculous because although I wanted Gary Rowett and still do want him at DCFC but that doesn't mean I can't question DCFC transfer policy regarding being too slow .

They could make players available for transfer and tell us who they are .

They could tell us a lot more than they do and I maintain that. 

We are all just guessing and yes I did find saying bless him condescending even if I now realise it was referring to B4 because he was saying he started a similar post last season and thought he was proved right and I agree with him in the fact that you need to do deals early or miss out to other teams. 

Im not saying it isn't difficult and I realise that transfer windows open on certain dates but the general consensus of opinion was big changes in playing personal is needed .

I know it will take time but we can't be ridiculing people for having certain views that's all.  

I mean not all you're views are correct they are an opinion on a forum. 

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ridiculous.

Why ridiculous because although I wanted Gary Rowett and still do want him at DCFC but that doesn't mean I can't question DCFC transfer policy regarding being too slow .

Ridiculous because it's May 29th Curtains, the season wasn't even officially over until yesterday when the Championship play off has taken place and you're asking why the club are moving so slow. 

They could make players available for transfer and tell us who they are .

I'm sorry but again this is ridiculous or absurd to use another word, how many clubs do you see do that? That very very rarely happens in football now. How do you think it would effect the player if no takers, let's use Nick Blackman as an example, Derby County put a statement out on the website, we are actively trying to sell Nick Blackman, if any club are interested can you please give Gary Rowett a ring.

They could tell us a lot more than they do and I maintain that. 

Like what? in your thread I linked you to a Gary Rowett interview, pretty much discusses the whole process, he is never nor will many expect him to release names he wants out and who he wants to see come in. If you cannot understand why he wouldn't theres little point me trying.

We are all just guessing and yes I did find saying bless him condescending even if I now realise it was referring to B4 because he was saying he started a similar post last season and thought he was proved right and I agree with him in the fact that You need to do deals early or miss out to other teams. 

As I say it was never meant to be condescending, everyone will have their own little sayings, that's mine. If B4 reads or listens to this and agrees with you I will apologise and try to avoid that in future. 

B4 made a a comment along the lines of missing out on players last season is what cost us, do you think that's true because I don't, I think it was a case of Nigel Pearson getting things completely wrong, alienating the players. When Steve McClaren arrived he showed what this squad was capable of, for whatever reason that nosedived after Christmas. May I also apologise to Santa if he's reading for accusing him, that was genuinely tongue in cheek.

Im not saying it isn't difficult and I realise that transfer windows open on certain dates but the general consensus of opinion was big changes in playing personal is needed .

I know it will take time but we can't be ridiculing people for having certain views that's all.  

I mean not all you're views are correct they are an opinion on a forum. 

Big changes are needed but they are not going to happen in May. You are right you are on a forum, you are entitled to an opinion and I have never said you are not, but when posting I'm open to the possibility that my opinions will be ridiculed and will argue my case. On this particular occasion I don't just disagree with you Curtains but I think it's ridiculous, that's not meant as a personal attack on you, it's a reaction to a topic that I am in utter disbelief has been made in May. Some will agree, some will agree with you, that's what this place is here for discussion. 

Championship signings so far @curtains

James Meredith to Millwall (Free)
Andrew Taylor to Bolton (Free)
Luke Daniels to Brentford (Free)
Henrick Dalsgaard to Brentford (Free)
Matty Lund to Burton (Free)
Enda Stevens to Sheff Utd (Free)
Nathan Thomas to Sheff Utd (Free)
Ched Evans to Sheff Utd (Undislcosed)
Stevie Mallen to Barnsley (Undisclosed)
Craig Gardner to Birmingham (Undisclosed)

7 out of 24 clubs have made a total of 10 signings.

7 of those were free transfers, 3 undisclosed.

Boro, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich, Hull, Leeds, Fulham, Reading, Sheff Wed clubs I want to see us competing with have made 0 signings so far, you could argue clubs like Sunderland have much bigger changes, the 3 that have come down don't even have managers yet.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Boro, Sunderland, Villa, Norwich, Hull, Leeds, Fulham, Reading, Sheff Wed clubs I want to see us competing with have made 0 signings so far, you could argue clubs like Sunderland have much bigger changes, the 3 that have come down don't even have managers yet.

It wasn't me who said massive changes are needed in playing personal.

Fans on this forum did. 

I await Gary's dealings. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

I really do appreciate your patience.

Not only appreciate, I'm jealous TBH.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Ridiculous because it's May 29th Curtains, the season wasn't even officially over until yesterday when the Championship play off has taken place and you're asking why the club are moving so slow. 

I'm sorry but again this is ridiculous or absurd to use another word, how many clubs do you see do that? That very very rarely happens in football now. How do you think it would effect the player if no takers, let's use Nick Blackman as an example, Derby County put a statement out on the website, we are actively trying to sell Nick Blackman, if any club are interested can you please give Gary Rowett a ring.

Like what? in your thread I linked you to a Gary Rowett interview, pretty much discusses the whole process, he is never nor will many expect him to release names he wants out and who he wants to see come in. If you cannot understand why he wouldn't theres little point me trying.

As I say it was never meant to be condescending, everyone will have their own little sayings, that's mine. If B4 reads or listens to this and agrees with you I will apologise and try to avoid that in future. 

B4 made a a comment along the lines of missing out on players last season is what cost us, do you think that's true because I don't, I think it was a case of Nigel Pearson getting things completely wrong, alienating the players. When Steve McClaren arrived he showed what this squad was capable of, for whatever reason that nosedived after Christmas. May I also apologise to Santa if he's reading for accusing him, that was genuinely tongue in cheek.

Big changes are needed but they are not going to happen in May. You are right you are on a forum, you are entitled to an opinion and I have never said you are not, but when posting I'm open to the possibility that my opinions will be ridiculed and will argue my case. On this particular occasion I don't just disagree with you Curtains but I think it's ridiculous, that's not meant as a personal attack on you, it's a reaction to a topic that I am in utter disbelief has been made in May. Some will agree, some will agree with you, that's what this place is here for discussion. 

Ok me duck. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

It wasn't me who said massive changes are needed in playing personal.

Fans on this forum did. 

I await Gary's dealings. 

That's not the point I'm arguing, the points I disagree strongly with you on is

1. No signings being announced by May 29th is a sign the club is moving to slow
  2. Derby should tell us which players are available for transfer this summer
  3. They could tell us a lot more

I will say this, the boredom of nothing happening has been extended with us not being in the play offs, this season was over weeks ago. I hate with a passion this time of year unless you're at Wembley. I would love 10 new signings today to get my teeth into but it's not going to happen, it's to early, I know this so I just wander around the internet counting the days till pre season starts.

3 minutes ago, David said:

That's not the point I'm arguing, the points I disagree strongly with you on is

1. No signings being announced by May 29th is a sign the club is moving to slow
  2. Derby should tell us which players are available for transfer this summer
  3. They could tell us a lot more

I will say this, the boredom of nothing happening has been extended with us not being in the play offs, how season was over weeks ago. I hate with a passion this time of year unless you're at Wembley. I would love 10 new signings today to get my teeth into but it's not going to happen, it's to early, I know this so I just wander around the internet counting the days till pre season starts.

Huddersfield going up says it all really .

Watching their fans celebrate was hard as I could only think about what might have been with DCFC. 

Anyhow Gary Rowett is my man and I wish him well 

PS I loved Paul Clement and am so pleased for him at Swansea City .

That could of been us not Huddersfield 

Archived