5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Presumably not....

reading 0-4 home

whu 0-5 home

villa 0-6 home 

Spurs 0-4 away

Arsenal 0-5 away

Liverpool 0-6 away

Yes we took some right spankings but there were a lot of games where we got less than we deserved in my opinion. 

Didn't Reading let 5, 6 and 7 in this season?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But the £30m that teams have to spend today is still relative to the amounts that the top teams have to spend.

Our team that year was bad but nowhere near as bad as the points tally suggested.

There were quite a few games that season where we got less than we deserved. 

Three words - Eddie 'F**kin' Lewis

Sith Happens

This was the starting 11 in the first game:

Bywater, Mears, Moore, Davis, Griffin , Fagan, Oakley, Todd, Pearson, Howard, Earnshaw.

Seriously how many would get close to getting in our squad today never mind playing PL football.

27 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Three words - Eddie 'F**kin' Lewis

When that signing was announced it was like OMG we are screwed.

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes we took some right spankings but there were a lot of games where we let in less than we deserved in my opinion. 

FTFY

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This was the starting 11 in the first game:

Bywater, Mears, Moore, Davis, Griffin , Fagan, Oakley, Todd, Pearson, Howard, Earnshaw.

Seriously how many would get close to getting in our squad today never mind playing PL football.

When that signing was announced it was like OMG we are screwed.

I'd take Mears.  He was a mardy **** but a very good right back.  And perhaps with Big Dave at the back, we wouldn't concede on as many set pieces.  I'd have a prime Matt Oakley back in a hear beat. Other than that, that is a garbage team.  Andy Todd!!!  FFS!!! 

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

FTFY

Seriously there were so many games where we should have ended up with more points, although I will admit I was drunk at every game back then!

Man City away deserved a draw

Fulham away should have won 

Sunderland away deserved a draw, last minute goal

Bolton away deserved a draw, last minute goal

Liverpool at home deserved a draw, last minute goal

I think there may have been more or maybe I'm just dreaming.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes we took some right spankings but there were a lot of games where we got less than we deserved in my opinion. 

We were unlucky against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd at home and West Ham away from the top of my head.

Just now, rynny said:

We were unlucky against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd at home and West Ham away from the top of my head.

Was the Man Utd match 2-0? Get confused because I think they beat us in the FA Cup that year too maybe?

Don't recall Man City at home but the others we were definitely unlucky in

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was the Man Utd match 2-0? Get confused because I think they beat us in the FA Cup that year too maybe?

Don't recall Man City at home but the others we were definitely unlucky in

Man U was 1-0, Ben Foster played a blinder, think he made 2 or 3 top class saves then they scored in 76th minute.

Chelsea was 2-0, we had goal wrongly ruled out for offside, Miller was about 5 yards onside, iirc, lobbed the keeper, then for their second goal Shevchenko went in 2 footed from behind on Barnes ref didn't give a foul and they went and scored straight from it.

Man City was 1-1 at home, they only had 1 shot all game from memory.

Liverpool 92nd minute equaliser. West Ham we played really well 2nd half Savage missed an absolute sitter in the 6 yard box when still 1-1.

Blackburn at home, had a chance to go 2-0 up missed the penalty they ended up winning 2-1. Newcastle away late equaliser. Sunderland away 90th minute winner. Bolton away 90th minute winner. Fulham away just couldn't score, had a lot of chances from memory.

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

They need to step up then - and start running the game 

They will do if you make that their job. 

McClaren had them playing in the channels. Butters ren the show when Rowett deployed him as a proper controller.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seriously there were so many games where we should have ended up with more points, although I will admit I was drunk at every game back then!

Man City away deserved a draw

Fulham away should have won 

Sunderland away deserved a draw, last minute goal

Bolton away deserved a draw, last minute goal

Liverpool at home deserved a draw, last minute goal

I think there may have been more or maybe I'm just dreaming.

Barnes missed a sitter against Liverpool and then they went straight up the other end and scored the winner.

Miller goal incorrectly ruled out against Chelsea to make it 1-1, their second goal a blatant foul.

Howard missed penalty against Blackburn to make it 2-0, capitulate and lose 2-1.

Reading, last minute winner.

Newcastle, last minute equaliser.

PistoldPete2

Huddersfield have a good defence but are the most boring team to have got promoted for a very long time.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Huddersfield have a good defence but are the most boring team to have got promoted for a very long time.

Prefer to watch this Huddersfield side play rather than the Boro team that got promoted in 2015-16. Not saying a lot I know. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Not by a long shot!

They're an odd one. A good footballing side that are **** in the final third. I can't believe people wanted rid of Martin for Nakhi Wells because 'pace'. He's a worse version of Nugent.

Archived