Huddersfield v Reading - Play Off Final

Day

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

They will need more than a few Germans. They won't cut it in the Premier League by being fit and trying to win 1 nil! Their squad is threadbare thin and they won't be able to sign players on the cheap or I suspect bring in loan players because the other Premier League teams won't be daft enough to give them a leg up. Middlesbrough were a much better side and they came straight back down.

Boring boring Arsenal did alright.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

They will need more than a few Germans. They won't cut it in the Premier League by being fit and trying to win 1 nil! Their squad is threadbare thin and they won't be able to sign players on the cheap or I suspect bring in loan players because the other Premier League teams won't be daft enough to give them a leg up. Middlesbrough were a much better side and they came straight back down.

Boro were utterly dreadful. For all the wonderful attacking players they had the system utterly ruined them.

Huddersfield's system would flourish with better players. Their income's just multiplied seventeen fold. Of course they can improve and sign players to stay up.

15 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Well done to them for staying with it from the start of the season. 

They were by far the most boring team to play at Pride Park this season though. 

Really? Did you see Burton at PP?

Lots of empty red seats, it was like watching Boro at home to Blackpool, I fell asleep mid second half, then I woke up, and realised how lucky I am in life, for starters I wasn't at the Riverside, secondly I'm not a Boro fan, and thirdly being a Yorkshireman the best team on the day won and they get to swap places with Hull City.

There's always something positive to take out of a Monday, whilst England enjoyed a Bank Holiday, well some of it, if you are a Reading fan, whilst most folk in Scotland spent the day working.

5 hours ago, jagerbob said:

have you seen the playoffs before?

or the euros last summer.

knock out football bears no resemblance to league football, its edgy football with teams determined not to loose.

The amount of 'big games' that are 0-0 at half time is astonishing.

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

i was hoping Reading would win, so we had a shot at getting Mooy but that fixed that.

Why would we have had a shot at getting Mooy? 

Isn't about now that people start predicting that Huddersfield will be the team to beat our low points tally, only for them to overtake it by mid October? 

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Isn't about now that people start predicting that Huddersfield will be the team to beat our low points tally, only for them to overtake it by mid October? 

Aside from Derby having an awful team in 2007/08, making a dreadful mistake when hiring Jewell and having a woeful Jan tranfer window, we were also up against arguably the strongest PL in history with 3 clubs making the CL semi-finals.

The PL is so much weaker these days I'd back any Championship club, even Burton Albion, to at least win a few and get above 11 points.

There are too many average clubs these days in the top-flight and with about £30mill to spend, no promoted club will suffer the way we did.

In Watford, Burnley, Swansea, Palace, Brighton, Newcastle, Leicester, West Brom, West Ham, Stoke and Bournemouth there are enough average clubs there to pick up three points against 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably but will never happen and its come up a decade since and pretty irrelevant now, no body mentions it apart from people on here.

God awful Villa and Sunderland teams reached the 20s, no PL team will ever go below 20 now.

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Really? Did you see Burton at PP?

I was expecting it from Burton, not a top 6 side with not much to play for at that point. In theory they were still going for the top 2 but decided to shut up shop and time waste from 10 minutes into the game. 

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Aside from Derby having an awful team in 2007/08, making a dreadful mistake when hiring Jewell and having a woeful Jan tranfer window, we were also up against arguably the strongest PL in history with 3 clubs making the CL semi-finals.

The PL is so much weaker these days I'd back any Championship club, even Burton Albion, to at least win a few and get above 11 points.

There are too many average clubs these days in the top-flight and with about £30mill to spend, no promoted club will suffer the way we did.

In Watford, Burnley, Swansea, Palace, Brighton, Newcastle, Leicester, West Brom, West Ham, Stoke and Bournemouth there are enough average clubs there to pick up three points against 

But the £30m that teams have to spend today is still relative to the amounts that the top teams have to spend.

Our team that year was bad but nowhere near as bad as the points tally suggested.

There were quite a few games that season where we got less than we deserved. 

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our team that year was bad but nowhere near as bad as the points tally suggested.

There were quite a few games that season where we got less than we deserved. 

Presumably not....

reading 0-4 home

whu 0-5 home

villa 0-6 home 

Spurs 0-4 away

Arsenal 0-5 away

Liverpool 0-6 away

Archived