Arsenal v Chelsea - FA Cup Final

Day

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't have been a goal in my opinion. The argument regarding offside is vague, was Ramsey interfering with play or not? In my opinion he was because he was stood there and the ball was right next to him. Remove Ramsey and it's just Sanchez running on to the ball, Courtois would have come out the cut the angle.

Regardless of that though, there was a blatant handball which led to the ball bouncing through towards Ramsey. Sanchez jumped up with his hands in front of his face, and blocked the ball with both hands. No idea how this wasn't spotted by any of the officials.

Doesn't danny murphy winge, and mutter?

spoiling it 

• He's hardly been tested 
  • he should have squared it
  • there should have been someone attacking that
  • he's gets a bit lucky there
  • riding their luck - chelsea
  • that can't happen
  • He made the wrong run Welbeck
  • i do not understand why defenders do that - ridiculous

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The rules have got to be changed about offside, under the current rules that goal has rightly stood, but Ramsey being there has put courtois positioning off, imo he'd have saved that had it just been Sanchez 

Yep. If you watch the replay Courtois begins to come out and then sets himself when Ramsey looks like he is going to touch the ball. If Ramsey is not there then Courtois is at least two yards closer to Sanchez and the ball by the time he hits it. It's a shame because the ref has actually had a really good game besides that, the Moses call was spot on. However the mistake was for a goal, currently the only goal, and it's one that should definitely have been spotted.

Only watched the 2nd half, was really good entertainment.

Victor Moses made a horrible decision to dive there. It didn't look convincing at all and being on a yellow card already he basically hindered his team's chances of winning.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was quick to point out Moses dived and demanded a yellow, yet a minute later he clipped the ball against Cahill's arm from a yard away and demanded a penalty.

Why is diving cheating but demanding penalties for non-fouls not? Surely it's the same result?

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain was quick to point out Moses dived and demanded a yellow, yet a minute later he clipped the ball against Cahill's arm from a yard away and demanded a penalty.

Why is diving cheating but demanding penalties for non-fouls not? Surely it's the same result?

It did hit Cahill's arm. It wasn't a penalty because his arm was close to his body, and it was too close for him to be able to move it. But you can't call it cheating if a player appeals for handball after it hits the opposition's arm.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The rules have got to be changed about offside, under the current rules that goal has rightly stood, but Ramsey being there has put courtois positioning off, imo he'd have saved that had it just been Sanchez 

Under the current rules that is offside. If a player being in an offside position affects the actions of a defensive team member that is still offside. I've just checked the rules on the FA Website and that is what it says.

So the question is whether any member of the defensive team has their actions influenced by Ramsey. I'm afraid the answer is almost certainly yes. The minute he goes to the ball it affects the actions of the defensive team. 

I don't think the rules need changing. The interpretation of them needs changing. If Ramsey had immediately stood still, and even indicated this by putting his arms in the air, that could substantially help.

I'm obviously ignoring the handball of Sanchez who chose to deliberately put his hands in a position which could block the ball and thus that is deliberat handball in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Good stuff..end to end play and fast paced. Well done both teams.

Definitely one of the more, you don't know what could happen next finals. So good spectacle, helped by Arsenal scoring first as they grew in confidence.

Totally deserved their win as they could have been 2 or 3 up by half time, so many chances to bury it. As a neutral really enjoyed it and have to admit, wanted Wenger to win just to shut a few up, not sure some of their whinging fans deserve it but he does. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Only watched the 2nd half, was really good entertainment.

Victor Moses made a horrible decision to dive there. It didn't look convincing at all and being on a yellow card already he basically hindered his team's chances of winning.

Asking for a penalty (throw-in, corner or whatever) isn't an offence providing it's not done in an abusive manner but diving is. Thought that was fairly straightforward.

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Under the current rules that is offside. If a player being in an offside position affects the actions of a defensive team member that is still offside. I've just checked the rules on the FA Website and that is what it says.

You're absolutely right of course, but under last weeks rules he was certainly on-side, and under next weeks rules he'll also be on-side so overall - based on the law of 'average' on-sides - it was 'probably' on-side; until next month when the law will revert to the original interpretation once again.

Ok? Everyone clear?

Archived