Nick Blackman - joined Maccabi on a season-long-loan

DEL

4 hours ago, feisty said:

That'd be the same Shotton that the favourites for the league want....

Some players don't click at some clubs in some systems or styles of play.  But Shotton must've done ok at Brum to be on Boro radar. 

Yeah. Funny old game.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Blackman got a run at centre forward he'd be just fine. He's been played out of position and then just been on a rotten finishing streak where he had literally missed everything.  At derby no one gets to stay in the side and therefore no one gets any momentum. Shotton would have rotted here, like Grant and Hendrick and look at them now. We are too big to give good players time to settle or to get the quality youth a real chance. 

23 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

Rowett suggesting in a Derby Telegraph article that Blackman is probably gonna get shipped out on loan as he won't be guaranteed any regular first team football at our club.

Rowett admits he'd snatch the hands off anyone fool enough to take on some of Blackman's wages.

FTFY

14 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I distinctly remember Ince being quite an open target too - Pretty sure he was single handedly at fault for us finishing 8th 3 years ago and 9th last season - Something to do with laziness/not caring/head down/doesn't fit the system/mardy/hates Martin/doesn't care about the club 

Yet somehow our top scorer too... Selfish t**t

Looking forward to Tom Lawrence being the worst winger since Cywka by this time next year

Hey, Dave Martin worked really hard for that title.

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

If Blackman got a run at centre forward he'd be just fine. He's been played out of position and then just been on a rotten finishing streak where he had literally missed everything.  At derby no one gets to stay in the side and therefore no one gets any momentum. Shotton would have rotted here, like Grant and Hendrick and look at them now. We are too big to give good players time to settle or to get the quality youth a real chance. 

Probably partly due to the fact that if we wernt 3-0 up and playing people off the pitch the players would be met with a chorus of boos at the final whistle creating a pressure for the manager to "change it up"

as a club the fans have to take some responsibility, weve splashed a lot of money in recent years and many a fan seems to think this is champ manager and so it just all falls into place instantly

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Claude f****** Davies.

He was at least playing against Torres, Drogba, Adebayor all in their prime...

Shotton couldn't handle Darius facking Henderson. I don't think Shotton is anywhere near our worst ever defender mind but I was pleased with the apparent fee we got for him, he was/is an absolute bomb scare on the ball which couldn't have been further from what we needed in a team where possession was key. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

He was at least playing against Torres, Drogba, Adebayor all in their prime...

Shotton couldn't handle Darius facking Henderson. I don't think Shotton is anywhere near our worst ever defender mind but I was pleased with the apparent fee we got for him, he was/is an absolute bomb scare on the ball which couldn't have been further from what we needed in a team where possession was key. 

Was a threat attacking corners at least.

Archived