Nick Blackman - joined Maccabi on a season-long-loan

DEL

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Each day I sign in in the hope that we have great transfer news. When Nick Blackman's your main story you know you're in trouble.

It will be a sad day.

The loss of yet another scapegoat, even though he rarely plays, his contribution to scapegoat of the decade will be right up there for some :thumbsup:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like B4 cornered Gazza after the Grimsby game.

This worries me a bit for one or 2 reasons.

I genuinely don't think at the moment he's worse than our unorthadox wingers but also he's our third choice actual striker with Bent out and leaves us a bit thin. I suppose we'll shoehorn someone like Russell up front in the event of injuries.

If we are to loan him out we have to learn from the Martin deal - there are a very small group of championship sides definitely not competing for the play offs so unless he goes to Burton, Millwall or the likes it opens us up to shooting ourselves in the foot again.

Unless there is a loan fee in place he catagorically shouldn't be loaned out until the last possible second, then only with a recall clause and if they pay a substantial amount of cash.

I say we skank Burton, get Irvine on the cheap and loan them Blackman for the season or try and use him to offfset a million or 2 of Adams, Patterson(?) or whoever's fees.

2 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

Rowett suggesting in a Derby Telegraph article that Blackman is probably gonna get shipped out on loan as he won't be guaranteed any regular first team football at our club.

As will be the case for others too.

no-one will buy our rejects.

certainly not for what we paid.

31 minutes ago, Rample said:

Sounds like B4 cornered Gazza after the Grimsby game.

I worry about the fact that we seem to have a youf prospect called Bird now - I'm slightly concerned THAT is who B4 was having a go at last season before Baird came in and did such a good job

50 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If he goes on loan we will likely still end up shouldering a good chunk of his wages so the impact might not be as great as we would like

I don't think it's just financial I think loaning the players out who Rowett doesn't see in his plans will have a positive effect on the morale of the squad. 

All well and good but if Blackman goes out on loan, who are folk going to whinge about? Of those who get regularly slaughtered on here that will only leave Keogh.

and Russell

and Butterfield

and Martin

and Weimann

and Bryson

Thinking about it, we should be fine :thumbsup:

He'll probably do well on loan so let's hope it's to a club who might be able to afford him...

I've said previously Burton would be ideal, they need a striker plus it's local if he is settled (unlikely) 

I'd imagine he will want to leave to get some game time

It just hasn't worked out for him for many different reasons. I wish him well if he leaves. I hope he resurrects his career.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

All well and good but if Blackman goes out on loan, who are folk going to whinge about? Of those who get regularly slaughtered on here that will only leave Keogh.

And Pearce and Olsson and Bent and Johnson - Anyone who's not been signed in 2017 or is mostly in the u23s

Oh and Hanson - He breaks the 'the u23s must be AMAZING why aren't we playing them all' rule

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

And Pearce and Olsson and Bent and Johnson - Anyone who's not been signed in 2017 or is mostly in the u23s

Oh and Hanson - He breaks the 'the u23s must be AMAZING why aren't we playing them all' rule

Jeez, you make a good point. I'd failed to realise just what a target-rich environment the club offers for the forum's perennial whingers :lol:

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Jeez, you make a good point. I'd failed to realise just what a target-rich environment the club offers for the forum's perennial whingers :lol:

I distinctly remember Ince being quite an open target too - Pretty sure he was single handedly at fault for us finishing 8th 3 years ago and 9th last season - Something to do with laziness/not caring/head down/doesn't fit the system/mardy/hates Martin/doesn't care about the club 

Yet somehow our top scorer too... Selfish t**t

Looking forward to Tom Lawrence being the worst winger since Cywka by this time next year

Blackman seems to embody the criticism surrounding our transfer policy since 2016. We spent so long languishing in mid table looking enviously up at the clubs above us emptying their check books that when we got the chance to do the same we felt it was only a matter of time till we shone. Three seasons and a number of expensive flops, injuries and drops in form from a number of key players later Blackman has, unfairly I might say, come to represent the collective feeling of dashed hopes, broken dreams and unfulfilled ambition of derby county. Either that or he's just gash!!

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Some crazy ill-informed manager will take a punt on him, remember when we got shot of Shotton, the worst defender ever to play for Derby, I mean which fool would have taken that plank off our hands? :ph34r: 

Lalala lala lala I'm not listening.

23 minutes ago, needles said:

Lalala lala lala I'm not listening.

That'd be the same Shotton that the favourites for the league want....

Some players don't click at some clubs in some systems or styles of play.  But Shotton must've done ok at Brum to be on Boro radar. 

22 minutes ago, feisty said:

That'd be the same Shotton that the favourites for the league want....

Some players don't click at some clubs in some systems or styles of play.  But Shotton must've done ok at Brum to be on Boro radar. 

I bet @Owd miner would have told us at the time that we did well to get Shotton im :)

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Some crazy ill-informed manager will take a punt on him, remember when we got shot of Shotton, the worst defender ever to play for Derby, I mean which fool would have taken that plank off our hands? :ph34r: 

Nevermind Shotton, there were plenty on here slating Hendrick as 'bang average' or worse. Quick to rubbish and slow to praise seems to be the default setting for many. 

Archived