George Boyd - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Mafiabob

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-26 at 10:44, cheron85 said:

Would take this in a heartbeat - For me he's a different option to the guys we have at the moment - Anya, Camara, Blackman and Weimann are great on the run - Boyd gives us something a little more akin to what Dawkins gave us, a link up man between midfield and attack

Well sign him up then so we can stick him out on the wing and wonder why he doesn't link the midfield and attack. Just like we did with Dawkins. Poor old Simon - out on the wing for most of his appearances, then dropped, then back on th wing. And one match he came in for Will Hughes who was either injured or suspended, and he ran the game. Our repsonse was to drop him again.

Yeah, lets sign him up and wreck any reputation he might have.

I think Boyd could do a good job for a Championship side like Derby - still a good player despite approaching 32.

He has done a decent job for Burnley in the PL but is past his peak and the Clarets need an upgrade if they want to stay up again in the Premier League next season.

9 minutes ago, Grantona said:

I think Boyd could do a good job for a Championship side like Derby - still a good player despite approaching 32.

He has done a decent job for Burnley in the PL but is past his peak and the Clarets need an upgrade if they want to stay up again in the Premier League next season.

What side does he normally play? Whoscored.com has him as mainly right side this season, but when I saw you play last season he seemed to play more on the left? 

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

I hate threads ruined by puns!

i detest them,

i don't like them monocle bit.

Oh dear Boycie lashes out at fellow forum members 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just been announced on sky sports news confirming that he's leaving Burnley.

As long he's not signing for us.

Archived