George Boyd - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Mafiabob

PistoldPete2

Not sure he's any better than what we have but maybe it's about balance. Better than russell maybe, or at least an option. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Especially as he mainly plays down the left.

Does he? I thought he played left-midfield too but every website I go on to look at stats seems to have him down as a right-midfielder.

Didn't we have a Burnley fan on here? Can he confirm/deny? 

Would take this in a heartbeat - For me he's a different option to the guys we have at the moment - Anya, Camara, Blackman and Weimann are great on the run - Boyd gives us something a little more akin to what Dawkins gave us, a link up man between midfield and attack

39 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Does he? I thought he played left-midfield too but every website I go on to look at stats seems to have him down as a right-midfielder.

Didn't we have a Burnley fan on here? Can he confirm/deny? 

He has whenever I have seen them play, albeit not very often.

I know @Grantona is the most frequent visitor from Burnley but not been on for a few weeks.

Not for me. As Mackworth says, it goes against everything that Rowett has said so far.

On the decline, big wages, not a massive goal threat. No better than Russell IMO.

As for folk saying he`s replacement for Ince !!! WTF. 15 Goals and 5-10 Assists a season almost guaranteed!!!!

As some have said he would be cheap to sign apart from wages and would provide a different style to what we have and if he is a replacement for the likes of camara Blackman wieman then so what about his age, we need to get to premiership then to worry about the age make up.

@Nuwtfly - I've heard the same as you said from some Burnley fans mate. 

However I swear he's not very fast? He doesn't look the pacy winger type. However that said, I'd take him as a sub to bring on to see a game out. He's very good on the ball technically and when he's on form he has an eye for goal. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

@Nuwtfly - I've heard the same as you said from some Burnley fans mate. 

However I swear he's not very fast? He doesn't look the pacy winger type. However that said, I'd take him as a sub to bring on to see a game out. He's very good on the ball technically and when he's on form he has an eye for goal. 

Nor is Sako, but he makes up for it with his skill with the ball at his feet. Clearly a very clever player and one who is popular amongst Burnley fans. Could be similar to Nugent, as some have suggested. It's workhorses like this that I can see Rowett looking at.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nor is Sako, but he makes up for it with his skill with the ball at his feet. Clearly a very clever player and one who is popular amongst Burnley fans. Could be similar to Nugent, as some have suggested. It's workhorses like this that I can see Rowett looking at.

Oh really? I always thought Sako was stupidly pacy with power. I agree, He could easily be a work horse that gives that little push to see games out. Just like Nugent harries the defence, Boyd could help the midfield. For free it's a massive yes from me. For a fee? No. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Oh really? I always thought Sako was stupidly pacy with power. I agree, He could easily be a work horse that gives that little push to see games out. Just like Nugent harries the defence, Boyd could help the midfield. For free it's a massive yes from me. For a fee? No. 

I'd pay money for him too - Entirely because of how gutted my Forest fan mates are that they failed to sign him under dubious circumstances - Would be lovely to rub it in their faces

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I'd pay money for him too - Entirely because of how gutted my Forest fan mates are that they failed to sign him under dubious circumstances - Would be lovely to rub it in their faces

Is he at his peak or on the way down?

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Fair enough - When did they try to sign him?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is he at his peak or on the way down?

I'd suggest he's still pretty decent - He's not a pacey player and skillful attacking midfielders can go on for a while - He's been playing semi-regular Premier League football this season so still fairly handy

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Fair enough - When did they try to sign him?

After loan period - Claimed he failed an eye test :D

Oh fair enough. Thought it was like last summer :D 

Then he went to Hull loan after that happened. 

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

After loan period - Claimed he failed an eye test :D

That's hilarious! 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Then he went to Hull loan after that happened. 

Ahh fair enough. Would love us to sign him just so he can go and score in front of the west bridge ford end in the 92nd minute.

That's hilarious! 

Ahh fair enough. Would love us to sign him just so he can go and score in front of the west bridge ford end in the 92nd minute.

Lol. He did scored against them at the time and did eye celebration front of Forest fans I think. 

Archived