George Boyd - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Mafiabob

Could imagine this being part of a player exchange deal for Tom Ince.

i saw him play tor peterboro at Lincoln years ago and assumed the 'white Pele' tag was a tongue in cheek piisstake.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39 appearances this season for Burnley, only ONE assist and TWO goals in over 3,000mins of football, (he only has 5 assists TOTAL from over 100 Premier league appearances) yes he's a grafter but he'll be 32 this year and are we not after some sort of production for the wages we'll be offering?

30 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

39 appearances this season for Burnley, only ONE assist and TWO goals in over 3,000mins of football, (he only has 5 assists TOTAL from over 100 Premier league appearances) yes he's a grafter but he'll be 32 this year and are we not after some sort of production for the wages we'll be offering?

It's horses for courses.  We're not in the Premier League. 

At this level, he has been involved in teams that do well.

He was a key part in Hull and Burnley getting promotion to the Premier League and was outstanding at Peterborough, when they were in our division. (That's when I first noticed him and thought he looked worth a punt.)

Plus I always remember him as a creative player, rather than a grafter.

47 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Russell has just 2 goals in championship? 

I wouldn't go losing sleep over George Boyd, Rowett has said he doesn't want 30 somethings dropping down from the Prem looking for one last contract.

I trust him, it would be a right kick in the teeth if his first signing is a 30 something dropping down from the premiership about to sign his last contract.

Archived