Players want to come to Derby!

RoyMac5

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Having Rowett, joining a team looking up and the reputation we have for being well financed (yes, fat wage packets) are all reasons.

But, I think Rowett is a bit like Nigel Cough in wanting certain types of character.

Being patient to get the right guys, fine by me.

Ok Mel.

38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

To much talking.

Interview him when there is something to talk about.

He needs a break from being on the phone!

It's interesting to hear his views on stuff. The Wilson bit was also interesting.

So you could just not watch it.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He needs a break from being on the phone!

It's interesting to hear his views on stuff. The Wilson bit was also interesting.

So you could just not watch it.

Well i didn't know it was going to be vacuous drivel until i'd listened did I.

5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Of course they want to come here - we'll pay them a huge wage and they can just swan around only turn up if the like the manager :ph34r:.

They might have second thoughts if they read some of the negative rubbish on here.

43 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Going to have to get me readers on for that one...

It's worth it, but just in case...

A little perspective from me on the 'market' at moment re footballers. Its been a fascinating May so far talking to the many free transfers, many Transfer targets that would need fee paid for them, many agents of players from below and above possibly available.. And ones thing thats for sure is the sudden shift in L1 wage expectations. Some Players from Non League now turning their nose up whereby not so long ago they would walk on hot coals to sign & be sensible about terms built with incentives & improved Basic wage for the step up.. Now some dont even return calls or agents think they can go higher... and their demands way above even the average L1 basic wage for lads who've never played in the Football League. Many are on less then 1k per week and the opening gambit now from agents is contracts worth 3 times this lol..
Re league players who have are out of contract/released its even worse with now wage demands getting out of hand/control for players who have not done anything yet in game/would be deemed as a Punt, many under age of 24 (so plenty time to make their fortunes).
Prem Youngsters released/not wanted by prem clubs where they are on 600 or 700 quid per week now instantly expecting/demanding 2.5k per week deals and more having yet played 50 games of mens football.. But then again this is May with hundreds of footballers about to be released, June onwards should/will see some common sense/reality set in for lots of them and their demands. Right now its fun and games and many funny conversations with agents... the tide soon turns... has to turn or our game at our level will see many casualties going forward if some clubs keep falling for these ridiculous demands. A good football club with good recruitment plan is based on signing the right characters who want success/growth/improvement & understand that the big money comes after and not before... 'Ambition over Greed' is our mantra & something we went away from last year but something we will stand firm on this year with our young and hungry policy. We have plenty experienced players but lot of talented young players including ones we will recruit this summer and with this our one and only aim is to grow into winners on and off the field.

The Boyds, McLeans, CMS'S, Tomlins, Taylors, Bennetts, Gayles, Britts & Washingtons epitomized our mantra & didn't worry about over top contracts until they had brought success to our club and themselves.. and regardless of current climate, trust me when I say, there are plenty more of the above characters out there.. and its our Job to find them/sign them/improve them.

Just me perspective

Thanks
Darragh

Think this is how GR is gonna play it! #fingerscrossed

On 2017-5-25 at 20:11, Wolfie20 said:

They might have second thoughts if they read some of the negative rubbish on here.

Negative rubbish is always going to be apart of such a forum catering  for such a wide audience of fans and followers. Fortunately most post are informative,incitive opinions ,many of which are constructive critism of our perspective on how we view the day to day aspects of our beloved club. We all have our opinions wrong and right, good and bad but wouldn't it be boring if everyone had the same insight and opinion about players managers,owners,performances ,sausages,and keogh.Probably not the first post to include sausages and keogh in the same sentence.?

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Thought this was interesting from Peterborough's owner.

IMG_20170527_121917.jpg

He's always struck me as level headed that bloke. Really hope Rowett follows suit and everyone is patient for it to evolve like this.

I'd also love to see us find a few raw Phil Gee types. Cost next to nothing and carve out half decent careers. With our academy investment it should happen in time., but only if we don't have too bloated a squad and we give Rowett chance to see it through.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 13:56, duncanjwitham said:

Of course they want to come here - we'll pay them a huge wage and they can just swan around only turn up if the like the manager :ph34r:.

That is exactly what has happened since the play-off final.

Bryson on his cushy 5-year deal has not reached the heights of 2013/14.

Archived