Treasures in your attic

admira

@Ellafella's thread on 'your favourite Rams mug' reminded me of a few other treasures I have in my attic (or 'junk' as my Mrs likes to call it).

Here's a few for your delectation. What do you guys have stashed away? 

PS. I've also got 500 different crisp packets from 1981-1984 :ph34r:

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

First four singles by U2. Irish imports, coloured vinyl and autographed from when I met them in 1983

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Hillsborough, Bradford, England first defeat at Wembley, World Cup Final '66

IMG_3869.jpg

VL-Tone As heard on the classic Human league album 'Dare'

IMG_3865.jpg 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Junk my a@se!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Admira! I'm getting vere nostalgic about the Esso 1970 World Cup Coin Collection. I so remember Grandad filling his black Morris Oxford with red leather seats up at Esso whilst I would excitedly wait to see which coin I would get when he returned...:)

full set, very classy, 1970's understated design with no gimmicky post-industrial vulgar trademarks. You'd hardly know it was Esso...

what's it worth do you reckon? Would you sell it? 

10 minutes ago, admira said:

@Ellafella's thread on 'your favourite Rams mug' reminded me of a few other treasures I have in my attic (or 'junk' as my Mrs likes to call it).

Here's a few for your delectation. What do you guys have stashed away? 

PS. I've also got 500 different crisp packets from 1981-1984 :ph34r:

IMG_3868.jpg

Isn't that the Trent End?

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Wow Admira! I'm getting vere nostalgic about the Esso 1970 World Cup Coin Collection. I so remember Grandad filling his black Morris Oxford with red leather seats up at Esso whilst I would excitedly wait to see which coin I would get when he returned...:)

full set, very classy, 1970's understated design with no gimmicky post-industrial vulgar trademarks. You'd hardly know it was Esso...

what's it worth do you reckon? Would you sell it? 

Never. Unless I was homeless and desperate!

17 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Damn! I would pay good money for that. ££££££! 

Dont blame you though...it's priceless. 

I don't think it's particularly valuable. You can find full sets on eBay 

My Dad keeps dredging stuff out of his loft. Last week he presented me with some whisky that he bought when I was born and planned to present to me on my 21st.

Needless to say he forgot and now 25 years later the Whisky is worth far too much for me to even consider drinking it :angry:

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've got a ticket from a sportsmans dinner that George Best was the speaker and Bernard Manning was the comedian. Managed to get George to sign it but not Bernard. Not sure if it's worth owt but presumed it may be since both have unfortunately passed away. 

Probably worth more than if you'd got Manning to sign it tbh!

I to have a lot of "junk" 99% DCFC related, about 140 shirts, an old floodlight light (or bulb) from the old BBG floodlights and this old flag that adorned the top of the Ley Stand for many a year !!, plus lots more that I cant tell you about in case the Mrs reads this !! 

IMG_5916.JPG

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've got a ticket from a sportsmans dinner that George Best was the speaker and Bernard Manning was the comedian. Managed to get George to sign it but not Bernard. Not sure if it's worth owt but presumed it may be since both have unfortunately passed away. 

Might be worth more seeing as it hasn't got Bernard Mannings' signature on it?

6 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I to have a lot of "junk" 99% DCFC related, about 140 shirts, an old floodlight light (or bulb) from the old BBG floodlights and this old flag that adorned the top of the Ley Stand for many a year !!, plus lots more that I cant tell you about in case the Mrs reads this !! 

IMG_5916.JPG

That is a cracking flag.

57 minutes ago, sage said:

Where did you buy that?

:ph34r:

I missed an opportunity that night. I could have nicked David Langan's 'Player of the Year' trophy while he was trying to nick my champagne.

Archived