Your reply would be...?

REDCAR

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

id of told him he cant be a proper forest fan being able to put all those words together , all Rams fans know that the most words a reddog can manage is weve won two European Cups you know , boring tree huggers

Ahh well..... funny you should say that..... gimme 2......

Here we go....

quote...

"Just for reference the 2 stars above the badge show the 2 European cup wins. Not noticed them on the derby badge. Perhaps it was an embroidery error"

what a pure penis

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Quote "Possibly but then again don't derby give thousands of tickets away to each home game to schools? Tickets sold off cheap to Derbyshire football clubs? Free season tickets with mobile phone upgrades? 
Whilst this is good marketing and giving tickets to kids in turn will benefit the club long term with a percentage of those kids going on to purchase tickets. It is still falsifying paying attendance."

Pretty sure they tried the same at Forest - But schools turned down the free tickets

Said it was too expensive still...

22 minutes ago, Redcar said:

"Just for reference the 2 stars above the badge show the 2 European cup wins. Not noticed them on the derby badge. Perhaps it was an embroidery error"

Really? Because I thought they were for World Cup wins? Or is it UEFA Cup wins like Ipswich have? Or League wins? Or just whatever nonsense someone in marketing at the club decide they want to put them there for...

How many stars do Barca have one their shirt? Real Madrid?

No wait - It's just pisspot little clubs who had a brief moment of being semi decent under one and only one manager who do it...

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Plus taking kids there could be deemed as child cruelty.

To be fair I've thought that quite often about making people support Derby too

12 hours ago, Redcar said:

Had a Red Dog mssg me on Facebook, other than a reply of F*** O**, what would your reply be.....?

Quote "Possibly but then again don't derby give thousands of tickets away to each home game to schools? Tickets sold off cheap to Derbyshire football clubs? Free season tickets with mobile phone upgrades? 
Whilst this is good marketing and giving tickets to kids in turn will benefit the club long term with a percentage of those kids going on to purchase tickets. It is still falsifying paying attendance."

Thanks in advance ??

As far as I know they don't give free tickets away to schools. You do get a discount and it's something £10-£15 pound for a ticket. 

That lead to my son enjoying it and we got a season ticket. So it does work. Local Football teams still have to pay to wave the flags and hold the flags

tell him to worry about his own piddly little club and what they can do to get attendances up.

PistoldPete2

Our high attendances are mostly cos of our high season ticket sales. Season tickets are never given away .. Even the mobile phone deal years ago was a package deal and certainly not free.

if you want to quibble , our away attendances are pretty poor... Maybe our fans aren't the richest. Having forked out for a season ticket they don't want any extra expenses. 

Derby have a much, much higher revenue from ticket sales and attendances than Forest, so whether or not some here or there are subsidised is beyond the point to me, even though some of those deals being mentioned aren't even in place anymore as I understand.

It's sort of like arguing about whether Alton Towers including coupons for tickets on the back of Corn Flakes means their attendances aren't real compared to Twycross Zoo. It doesn't matter one jot if it means they make more money and more people end up going to their bloody theme park.

like most things on the internet your first question should always be "wheres your evidence?"  repeating stuff he heard in the TBI six years ago doesnt count as evidence though he might not understand the difference. until he has actual evidence and can add up all the numbers behind his 'three pints in' ideas its not worth worrying about his opinions. as others have said the majority of attendance is season tickets. on balance whatever the club has done over previous years seems to be working. we have tens of thousands buying seasons tickets after a frankly crappy season. forest fans i know (and i'm sitting in Nottingham now so i know quite a lot ) will openly admit that we are light years ahead of them in terms of the commercial side of the business and they wish they were even close to what we do. 

I'd reply that if Forest are not commercially smart enough to think of ways to get more people to watch their team than that just indicates they are outdated and behind the times.

They might want to try the innovation"not sucking at football" although that is only one of many potential strategies.

Or, is what is really going on here, a forest fan with feelings of envy, guilt, despair, anger at the decline of his club seeking to form some sort of twisted rational as to why "the famous" notts forest are in every conceivable way inferior to DCFC at this point in time.

Perhaps Nottingham PCT should provide counselling services to help them accept how dire forest have been since the turn of the century.

I'd suggest they start giving away tickets so their ground isn't empty. 

On the stars on their badge I'd like to ask what years Huddersfield won their 3 European Cups. And also how did he see the European Cup finals? In the flesh? Live on BT? Did he find a live stream on the Internet?

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You can tell they had a good season

Archived