Your reply would be...?

REDCAR

Had a Red Dog mssg me on Facebook, other than a reply of F*** O**, what would your reply be.....?

Quote "Possibly but then again don't derby give thousands of tickets away to each home game to schools? Tickets sold off cheap to Derbyshire football clubs? Free season tickets with mobile phone upgrades? 
Whilst this is good marketing and giving tickets to kids in turn will benefit the club long term with a percentage of those kids going on to purchase tickets. It is still falsifying paying attendance."

Thanks in advance ??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me a half fan, but I enjoy the banter with Forest fans, I used to love working in Long Eaton with an almost 50/50 split of forest and Derby fans.

That Monday morning walk of shame if Derby had lost and Forest won, or that buzz of wanting to go to work when the shoe is on the other foot, good memories.

I always find when you first meet a forest fan you both fire cheap shots, but if allowed the time you end up becoming good mates...opposites attract and all that.

On match day though, they are all a bunch of Northern Rockers.

I know some tickets are given to schools & certain clubs, but you still have to pay for them, just at a slightly reduced rate, normally a fiver off.  I don't see how that's falsifying attendance figures, because the people are still there, at the game, and they have payed for their tickets.  Not exactly Kids Foe a Quid levels p1ssing profit away.

#gumplogic

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I know some tickets are given to schools & certain clubs, but you still have to pay for them, just at a slightly reduced rate, normally a fiver off.  I don't see how that's falsifying attendance figures, because the people are still there, at the game, and they have payed for their tickets.  Not exactly Kids Foe a Quid levels p1ssing profit away.

#gumplogic

Not even a bad thing, not all families can afford to go to the football, incentives like these give kids an opportunity to see Derby County and hopefully take to it. Not just about looking after fans of today but encouraging tomorrows fans to follow the team.

Kids for a quid is the same thing, can't knock them for it. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Not even a bad thing, not all families can afford to go to the football, incentives like these give kids an opportunity to see Derby County and hopefully take to it. Not just about looking after fans of today but encouraging tomorrows fans to follow the team.

Kids for a quid is the same thing, can't knock them for it. 

I was able to take my lad to the Weds game just after Schteve started his first reign.  Cost us £25 through his school, got to meet Rammy, walk around the pitch before kick off and sit with his mates.  He was still bored by half time, and moaning they didn't have chips on the concourse.  He hasn't been back since...  Kids of today!!!

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was able to take my lad to the Weds game just after Schteve started his first reign.  Cost us £25 through his school, got to meet Rammy, walk around the pitch before kick off and sit with his mates.  He was still bored by half time, and moaning they didn't have chips on the concourse.  He hasn't been back since...  Kids of today!!!

Didn't end up with a crunchy hot dog did he? I almost never went back after eating that

31 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Had a Red Dog mssg me on Facebook, other than a reply of F*** O**, what would your reply be.....?

Quote "Possibly but then again don't derby give thousands of tickets away to each home game to schools? Tickets sold off cheap to Derbyshire football clubs? Free season tickets with mobile phone upgrades? 
Whilst this is good marketing and giving tickets to kids in turn will benefit the club long term with a percentage of those kids going on to purchase tickets. It is still falsifying paying attendance."

Thanks in advance ??

Your reply should be: How dare you have the gumption to imply such a thing, you treetard? By the way, how come your seats are so faded when half of them are very rarely used?

44 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Thanks in advance ??

Paying attendance isn't measured figure. It makes sense to sell seats cheaper for games that are not a big draw. Better to have a fiver for a seat than an empty one.

Forest also sell kids for a quid. Probably literally....

Phone offer ended several seasons ago, and they not free, you payed a higher monthly rate. Helped spread the costs.

Finally you can say, we pay our bills before its dragged to court...

Follow plenty of Forest on twitter, good and bad in all..... I don't hate...... they're not scum, they are football fans who support their local team, however I always hope that they drop into League 1..... just a days pi$$ take nowadays after the game. 

33 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't end up with a crunchy hot dog did he? I almost never went back after eating that

He doesn't like burgers or pies, so had to ram a couple of bags of crisps down him instead.  We were in the North stand so only saw Bucko's goal at the other end.  I reckon if he'd us score right in front of him he'd still be going today...

26 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

When I worked next to the ground we got deals for multiple buys from my workplace, just a slight discount. Still had to pay.

Egg??

If they looked hard enough they would find nearly every club in the country has similar community schemes to get more people interested in going to games. Tell them to come back and talk about attendances when they can sell out a local derby, tinpot warriors.

Does anyone know what our ticketing turnover is compared to Forest's?

I'd guess ours is better, even with these "free tickets" that bulk up our attendance. 

They had 15k for one game this year, debate over. Free tickets or not. 

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

He doesn't like burgers or pies, so had to ram a couple of bags of crisps down him instead.  We were in the North stand so only saw Bucko's goal at the other end.  I reckon if he'd us score right in front of him he'd still be going today...

Egg??

Nah, rail tech company behind the Velodrome called MRX.

Archived