EFL Radio deal with BBC and TalkSPORT

David

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not sure that's still the case, I'm sure I got the 'not available' message when out in Cyprus this May.

Boo, though I forgot to say I always listen using the TuneIn app which I believe can let more things through.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Boo, though I forgot to say I always listen using the TuneIn app which I believe can let more things through.

I'm not 100% sure as I resorted to using a VPN but that only worked via the website, and that might have been R5. Too much alcohol had been consumed in sunshine for me to remember exactly. #oops

4 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

So this is a good thing ?  Will it affect us, and would we be able to watch every match live

even though we would be 'opting out" or will it just be home matches.

Good thing for National radio and doesn't affect local radio. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not 100% sure as I resorted to using a VPN but that only worked via the website, and that might have been R5. Too much alcohol had been consumed in sunshine for me to remember exactly. #oops

Damn beat me to it I was going to a chime in with VPN , may I suggest Windscribe as a good free VPN and if you use 50GBFREE voucher when you sign up you get 50 GB of data per month  (on windows version ) which is very good for a free VPN , you can also get it for Android and iPhone

2 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

No, local broadcasting rights are negotiated separately.

By separately do you mean each individual station negotiates? Any idea what's happening with RD commo and what used to be Ramsplayer yet @OwenB87?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

By separately do you mean each individual station negotiates? Any idea what's happening with RD commo and what used to be Ramsplayer yet @OwenB87?

Essentially, yes - every station negotiates separately with each club (though I've never been involved directly in that).

And I honestly don't know about the Ramsplayer replacement.

On 5/25/2017 at 12:04, JG400 said:

Arent Talksport the biggest Commercial Radio Sports broadcaster in the world , I am sure that make that statement somewhere

Commercial - Five Live is BBC - Talksport is a commercial venture

Also not sure in the world but they have a pretty decent following in the UK

Archived