Ajax v Man Utd - Europa League Final

Day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it with the sound off, so didn't get any of the atmosphere or commentary.

I quite enjoyed the second half. Didn't think it was turgid at all.

United have just beaten a very good technical side. Their defending and pressing was top notch. It's a European final with a lot at stake,  Utd didn't need it to be a classic on the eye, they just needed to win the game. I personally thought they handled the game really well from start to finish

Couple of stand out moments, the Ajax centre half giving Lingard a 5 yard head start and STILL catching him. Some of Herrera's passing in tight spots was a joy to watch.

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I quite enjoyed the second half. Didn't think it was turgid at all.

United have just beaten a very good technical side. Their defending and pressing was top notch. It's a European final with a lot at stake,  Utd didn't need it to be a classic on the eye, they just needed to win the game. I personally thought they handled the game really well from start to finish.

Yeah, if that had been us I'd have been happy.

Ah well, sky will be delighted. The chance to fill even more of our screen time with endless dourinho sound bytes.

Dull team. Managed to get a huge slice of luck to get the lead in order to be able to take the sting out of ajax and the game.

Can't think the rest of Europe will be fearful of this united team.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Ah well, sky will be delighted. The chance to fill even more of our screen time with endless dourinho sound bytes.

Dull team. Managed to get a huge slice of luck to get the lead in order to be able to take the sting out of ajax and the game.

Can't think the rest of Europe will be fearful of this united team.

You underestimate their spending power. 

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Not really. 250m wasn't it to assemble this team, or was it squad?

They can and have spent plenty.  But they haven't had a great team for a while now. And mourinho doesn't build things that last.

Time will tell .

Griezmann will be a massive signing  

Just now, curtains said:

Time will tell .

Griezman will be a massive signing  

Interesting. Do you think he will go?

The other bit of the "6 out of 10" quote was that he also said it was "7 out of 10" that he would stay at Madrid. 

He's not a typical mourinho striker. Plays as one of a 2 rather than in a 433 or 4231.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Interesting. Do you think he will go?

The other bit of the "6 out of 10" quote was that he also said it was "7 out of 10" that he would stay at Madrid. 

He's not a typical mourinho striker. Plays as one of a 2 rather than in a 433 or 4231.

Maybe with his mate Pogba .

Archived