PPI claims

Philmycock

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

yeah - definitely do it yourself. These PPI companies are getting rich off making it sound like it's difficult

I made a claim or some PPI I got sold back in 2004 but it got rejected because they said I had left it too long according to the rules. I questioned how I could have claimed it within the time window when the ruling that said that mis-sold PPI could be reclaimed didn't get made until after the time window had already closed for my PPI!

I appealed to the Ombudsman but they rejected it too. Sucks, but I wasn't expecting the money back anyway and it cost me nothing to claim

Like I said if your claim is simple FOS should be able to help. Unfortunately things like time limits are not simple and maybe too much for them to sort out. Did they say it wAs more than 3 years after you should have known you had reason to claim... If so what was it they said should have given you reason to claim?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PPI is harder to claim on a mortgage, as it's deemed genuinely useful to have on long term commitments.

If you were genuinely unaware you were paying though, and it was taken as a lump sum with your repayments rather than separately, you have a valid complaint, regardless of what they have told you.

A colleague was in exactly the same situation, and downloaded the template letter from Moneysavingexpert.com

A few months later, £21000 dropped into his bank account.

I was mis-sold PPI on my first mortgage 20 yrs back (given no choice but to take it to qualify for the mortgage), however as it was only £12 a month, and we only had the mortgage for 18 months, I console myself by constantly using the same branch ATM for withdrawals, even though I no longer bank with them.

That, and pushing my **** through the letterbox on a monthly basis.

Archived