Allardyce to quit Palace

DEL

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange man, should be extremely grateful he was given a job in the Premier League after the balls up he made whilst England manager.

Can only guess a job offer has come in from elsewhere.

Fans want to clubs stand by managers longer yet here's one walking out of a 2 and a half year deal 5 months in

'I have decided to step down from my role as Crystal Palace next season as I don't think they'll be in the relegation fight I'd like them to be with this funding and squad. It's unacceptable for me. I see myself as a bottom 3 manager maybe sneaking out on the last day of the season. If Crystal Palace can't match my ambition then I have no choice but to step down as manager. I've got my eye on Watford, mind' - Sam Allardyce, May 23rd, 2017

19 minutes ago, David said:

What have they done so wrong, think I've missed it?

Perpetual strugglers, showing virtually no ambition beyond targeting 17th place, season after season. Poor signings,  the vast majority of which were completely uninspiring and the most boring football (along with neighbours Middlesboro') for years in the top division.

More a criticism of the board rather than their fans.

Quite clever really. Have a long rest and holiday and wait for a desperate club to chuck millions at you to try and keep them up with 10 games left.measy money.

Bet redknapp has been telling him how he earned 3 years worth of salary in about 5 weeks at Birmingham.

£50 says he rocks up somewhere on a huge wedge around march next year.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Perpetual strugglers, showing virtually no ambition beyond targeting 17th place, season after season. Poor signings,  the vast majority of which were completely uninspiring and the most boring football (along with neighbours Middlesboro') for years in the top division.

More a criticism of the board rather than their fans.

Still don't think that warrants sending them Allardyce again. 

You say no ambition but they spent £34m this season, £56m last, that's still a serious amount if money to stay up.

Could have been spent better of course

1 minute ago, David said:

Still don't think that warrants sending them Allardyce again. 

You say no ambition but they spent £34m this season, £56m last, that's still a serious amount if money to stay up.

Could have been spent better of course

Always thought when they did get the cheque book out they went for quantity rather than quality.

There's a few clubs who wish they could have had a chance to re-spend, us included I bet.

59 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Enjoy the retirement Big Sam. 

A bit like how some retired players become ambassadors for their clubs, Big Sam will do something similar, conducting tours around the FA's rules.

Very sad.

I guess he never really got over losing the England job.

Its a huge loss to the game.

Everyone can remember where they were when they heard that Big Sam was accused of taking back handers, and bungs and getting around the F.A. Rules. I know I was somewhere.

he's a giant; a legend.

We can all picture him shouting out to contest a referees decision....chewing gum and spittle flying out of his mouth.

We'll never forget those after match interviews where he's all sweaty and contemptuous.

If the long throw in hadn't already been invented,i'm pretty sure Sam would have thought it up.

blocking the keeper will always be Sam's unique contribution.

They can never take that away.

Archived