Wolves Program Artwork

Anon

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think (most of) these look amazing. What do we all think of the artist's version of our ram and which team comes out the worst?

I think the wolf looks bit scared of our ram whereas it is hostile in other pictures.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think the wolf looks bit scared of our ram whereas it is hostile in other pictures.

Check out the flowers on the floor. Both are designed to look a little subdued in that issue.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think they are all excellent.

Even Wigan? I'm not sure what I can reasonably expect with a nickname as boring as "the latics", but he managed to make a rose look vaguely threatening for Blackburn, so anything is possible.

38 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I didn't get the wigan or Birmingham ones, although the artwork itself was very good as with all of them.

Liked the creepy tree v Forest

The Birmingham bulldog is Beau Brummie (or "Brummoi" as they insist on referring to him). Apparently, Birmingham hired an advertising consultancy to come up with a mascot for them in the late 60's after seeing the commercial success of World Cup Willie. I agree that the Forest Ent is pretty spooky.

I'm glad Fulham's included their name from a section of the ground as the badger would have had me stumped, still had to Google why a badger, should have gone with a Michael Jackson statue, can't let them forget that

10 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I thought the Fulham one was a skunk, and I don't understand the Wigan one at all. Good artwork though, and our ram was much better than Preston's.

Neither do I with Wigan, think they was struggling with that one.

Like the QPR one with the "Ranger"

Hats off to them - it's good to see a bit of imagination in place.

It would be relatively worth purchasing as a bit of a collectors item, if Derby released something similar, rather than a standard template with a player in mid-action.

Archived