David Moyes Resigns

Kernow

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Isn't he a Rangers fan?

Surely would be more of a challenge to go there. What would be the point of taking over this Celtic side now? 

I reckon Brendan Rodgers will stick around for the 10th in a row, then leave.

His Spanish is decent apparenty so someone like Valencia would be perfect for him.

IMG_2567.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, David said:

2+2=6543 here but he's just found out Sunderlands transfer budget for the summer.

Had the clubs backing, said he wanted to stay, what could have changed?

The Guardian report said he was told that he wouldn't get a penny of the £47 parachute payment to strengthen the squad.  Only what he was able to raise through sales...

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where does Moyes go from here?

His stock would have fallen, but I bet he's too proud to take over an average sized Championship club such as a Preston or Barnsley.

He's hardly what you'd consider a 'winning manager' and he has no promotions (above League One) on his CV so I couldn't see a club like Norwich, Derby or Wolves go in for him.

It's either abroad again or a TV job I'd imagine.

I can't believe Unites gave him a six-year deal considering he's never won a major trophy before.McClaren is a better manager!

They reckon he's a shoe in for the Scotland job if Strachen decides he's had enough...

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The Guardian report said he was told that he wouldn't get a penny of the £47 parachute payment to strengthen the squad.  Only what he was able to raise through sales...

They reckon he's a shoe in for the Scotland job if Strachen decides he's had enough...

I am not sure Strachan will get the chance to decide if Scotland get any more hammerings in their WC qualification campaign. He would be gone already were it not for a last minute wardrobe winner.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Didn't someone post that they had an 80m+ wage bill? You could imagine that even with reduction clauses for relegation they're going to need all their parachute money to pay wages for crap players they can't shift and there won't be much spare.

Ahhh.....shades of 2008.......

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Didn't someone post that they had an 80m+ wage bill? You could imagine that even with reduction clauses for relegation they're going to need all their parachute money to pay wages for crap players they can't shift and there won't be much spare.

Ahhh.....shades of 2008.......

It's a big task, for sure.  I bet the likes of O'Shea, Pinnar, Larsson & Lescott are on big wages.  Isn't Rodwell on around £60k a week??  I think there's only one man who can save them from a 2nd straight relegation...

Cue Superman theme!!!

nigel_clough-459942.jpg

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

It's a big task, for sure.  I bet the likes of O'Shea, Pinnar, Larsson & Lescott are on big wages.  Isn't Rodwell on around £60k a week??  I think there's only one man who can save them from a 2nd straight relegation...

Cue Superman theme!!!

nigel_clough-459942.jpg

He recently turned down a job at 2x European Cup winners, no chance of him going to Sunderland

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Pienaar and Lescott wouldn't have been included in the £80m necessarily. Last years wage bill that, so more like £80m + X - Y.

The four you mention are all out of contract in the summer. Januzaj's loan will end as well. 

I think Kirchoff will leave on a free as well but he's arguably their best player so that's a bit 'meh'.

It's proper cloggers like Gibson and Cattermole they need to be worrying about. 

I don't think they'll particularly struggle to cut the wage bill but I think raising funds will be an issue.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Pienaar and Lescott wouldn't have been included in the £80m necessarily. Last years wage bill that, so more like £80m + X - Y.

The four you mention are all out of contract in the summer. Januzaj's loan will end as well. 

I think Kirchoff will leave on a free as well but he's arguably their best player so that's a bit 'meh'.

It's proper cloggers like Gibson and Cattermole they need to be worrying about. 

I don't think they'll particularly struggle to cut the wage bill but I think raising funds will be an issue.

Didn't realise they were on short term deals, I guess that's something.  

Archived