Martin & Anya in Scotland squad v England

David

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Topram said:

No Russell?? :ph34r:

Strachen in his stubbornness will keep picking Martin just to annoy the tartan army.

Anya over Russell? As we've all seen they're both kind of OK but no world beaters. Guess Iketchi just gets on better with the manager. Seeing some of the utter rubbish played by Scotland sides over the last couple of years it's amazing Russell and Bryson don't have more Scotland caps.

You can never imagine Bryson or Russell giving a can't be @rsed Scotland performance whatever their limitations.

Anyway, it's at Hampden vs England so any Scotland side is going to give it their all. I expect England will win, but not by all that much (just enough to somehow keep some belief until the next shocker vs nobodies)

PistoldPete2
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Scotland are bad, but they ain't that desperate 

Well I would pick russell ahead of anya. Mind u Scotland play anya at right back which can't say much for their options in that position. 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Strachen in his stubbornness will keep picking Martin just to annoy the tartan army.

Anya over Russell? As we've all seen they're both kind of OK but no world beaters. Guess Iketchi just gets on better with the manager. Seeing some of the utter rubbish played by Scotland sides over the last couple of years it's amazing Russell and Bryson don't have more Scotland caps.

You can never imagine Bryson or Russell giving a can't be @rsed Scotland performance whatever their limitations.

Anyway, it's at Hampden vs England so any Scotland side is going to give it their all. I expect England will win, but not by all that much (just enough to somehow keep some belief until the next shocker vs nobodies)

Scotland play Anya as a wing back either left or right hand side

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He played right back against us at Wembley. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I'm sure he's played as winger and wing forward at various points for Scotland as well.

But yes, there's a few decent left backs (I think a fit Fozzy is 3rd or 4th choice) but no right backs and not overflowing with centre backs either (for the love of god, seeing as Hanley disappeared without trace at Newcastle review objectively his recent Scotland efforts.....then get excited bcause he's "a thug" - Hanley is on par with Pearce and way behind Shacks n Keogh)

Archived