Derby's Attendances

David

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Been hovering between 40-50k for the last 10 years or so. Both Milans were regularly hitting 60k before that. 

It's symptomatic of the general malaise of Italian club football, old crumbling council owned stadiums, and not very family friendly. 

The days of Kaka, Ronaldo, Van Basten, Matheaus are long gone and replaced by Slovaks, Croatians and cheap South Americans. 

Both Milan clubs have been overtaken by Roma and Napoli and I guess the fans can't get excited about a scrap for a Europa league place. 

Both clubs are now Chinese owned with a promise of mega money for transfers this summer. We will see. 

Derby is definitely a footballing town.

Attendances mean very little in the grand scheme of things, but it is interesting how Derby get bigger crowds than clubs such as Birmingham, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Leeds, Sheff Wed,  and Forest.

2 hours ago, David said:

Inters last game at home, great stadium, just waaaaay too big. Not sure what attendances used to be like there.

IMG_0451.JPG

is that not a photo of the game where the Inter Ultras walked out at 15 minutes or so? I believe that banner across the middle says something along the lines of 'Hello we came for a tea now it is goodbye' IIRC

Edit: 25 minute walkout, banner says

"You don't deserve our support, we came to say hello, now we're off to have lunch."

Just now, Cactooos said:

is that not a photo of the game where the Inter Ultras walked out at 15 minutes or so? I believe that banner across the middle says something of 'Hello we came for a tea now it is goodbye' IIRC

Yup, only realised after, Cannable pointed it out a few posts back.

58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby is definitely a footballing town.

Attendances mean very little in the grand scheme of things, but it is interesting how Derby get bigger crowds than clubs such as Birmingham, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Leeds, Sheff Wed,  and Forest.

Why does it mean very little? I think it means a lot when I'm bouncing on the packed South Stand copying all Sheff Wednesday's songs. 

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, David said:

More stats because I'm bored, once again same source

Average attendances across the full League

Bundesliga - 41,527

Premier League - 35,805

La Liga - 28,151

Serie A - 21,856

Ligue 1 - 21,044

Championship - 20,119

Eredivisie - 19,094

Total Spectators

Premier League - 13.6m

Bundesliga - 12.7m

Championship - 11.1m

La Liga - 10.6m

Ligue 1 - 7.7m

Serie A - 7.7m

Eredivisie - 5.8m

Blimey. Championship should be getting loads more money from tv. Someone should tell Mel Morris. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey. Championship should be getting loads more money from tv. Someone should tell Mel Morris. 

Bums on seats is actually pretty impressive considering it's the 2nd tier of English football, the Bundesliga is well praised for it's ticket prices and attendances yet not that far ahead of the Championship in numbers.

Bundesliga 2 have a slightly higher average at 21,747 but only 6.6m in total. 

La Liga 2 is woeful, average 8,480 and a total 3.9m, Serie B even worse 6,901 and total of 3.1m.

No wonder Mel thinks the FL could get a much better deal.

Obviously the top flight clubs have a huge audience on sofa's but I bet the Championship fanbase could pull a healthy amount of TV viewers.

8 hours ago, David said:

Bums on seats is actually pretty impressive considering it's the 2nd tier of English football, the Bundesliga is well praised for it's ticket prices and attendances yet not that far ahead of the Championship in numbers.

Bundesliga 2 have a slightly higher average at 21,747 but only 6.6m in total. 

La Liga 2 is woeful, average 8,480 and a total 3.9m, Serie B even worse 6,901 and total of 3.1m.

No wonder Mel thinks the FL could get a much better deal.

Obviously the top flight clubs have a huge audience on sofa's but I bet the Championship fanbase could pull a healthy amount of TV viewers.

The biggest bug bear for me is that the top flight huge sofa audience is so warped by the captive audience factor ,,, people are watching what they are served ,,, how many of those fans would be tuning in to watch their own team if a stream / live game choice were available? Would I watch Chelsea v Man U if Derby v Rotherham was available?    Would I f<>k

Don't grounds have to know how many people are in the stadium in case of fires etc.?And if so, perhaps actual attendance could be published, even if official attendance is the number of tickets issued.

I'm quite disappointed because I thought that the number called out on the tannoy was the actual number of people watching...

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Don't grounds have to know how many people are in the stadium in case of fires etc.?And if so, perhaps actual attendance could be published, even if official attendance is the number of tickets issued.

I'm quite disappointed because I thought that the number called out on the tannoy was the actual number of people watching...

You'll be telling me next that you thought "Top of the Pops" was live. Come on Ken, try to keep up.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You'll be telling me next that you thought "Top of the Pops" was live. Come on Ken, try to keep up.

Some people will believe any old rubbish, but that was yesterday's conversation.

27 minutes ago, eddie said:

Some people will believe any old rubbish, but that was yesterday's conversation.

Some people will write any old rubbish, and l will prove that again tomorrow. I am relaxed that your skin is not so thin buddy.

Derby for the size of our city has fantasic sport, since moving to pride park our attendances is over 23000 average over 20 years, of which about 6 years was spent in the premier league and 14 was spent in championship, that is excellent support by anyone standards, beating teams like Leeds, Forest , the Sheffield clubs , Stoke,  WBA, Wolves and many other big clubs, last season we was the 13th best supported team in the country, and we finished 9th in the Championship.

Archived