Derby's Attendances

David

I know what you've all been thinking, where would our average attendance put us in top flight leagues across Europe right?

Well here's the answer. Source of numbers transfermarkt.

Derby's average attendance was 29,042 in 16/17

Premier League - 13th 

La Liga - 8th 

Bundesliga - 12th 

Serie A - 6th 

Eredivisie - 4th 

Ligue 1 - 5th 

116 Clubs in total across those 6 leagues. Derby would be 48th in this pointless, diddly squat attendance stats topic.

*Please note I am aware of more football leagues across Europe and no offence is intended to countries such as Belgium who have lovely beer and chocolate, but your football is a bit duff and Derby would top your league. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, David said:

I know what you've all been thinking, where would our average attendance put us in top flight leagues across Europe right?

If we extended the ground to 42,000 and got the same % attendance we'd get 36,370 - Where would that put us?

Speculating on Uncle Mel's next move should we ever manage to land Premier League security...

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If we extended the ground to 42,000 and got the same % attendance we'd get 36,370 - Where would that put us?

Speculating on Uncle Mel's next move should we ever manage to land Premier League security...

Premier League - 9th

La Liga - 5th

Bundesliga - 11th

Serie A - 4th

Eredivisie - 3rd

Ligue 1 - 4th

Same source Transfermarkt. Average attendance/stadium capacity.

Bayern Munich 100%

Man Utd 99.5%

Dortmund 98%

PSV 96.4%

Juventus 96.2%

Feyenoord 92.9%

Ajax 92.7%

Derby 88.3%

Real Madrid 83.5%

Atleti 81.5%

Barca 79%

Forest 64.3%

Inter Milan 59%

AC Milan 50.3%

24 minutes ago, David said:

Derby 88.3%

Have we had a reduction in capacity then because of the move to the South Stand then? I hadn't really considered the extra black stripe

I thought our capacity was 33,597 - Which would give us 86.44% - Still decent but not as good

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Have we had a reduction in capacity then because of the move to the South Stand then? I hadn't really considered the extra black stripe

I thought our capacity was 33,597 - Which would give us 86.44% - Still decent but not as good

No idea, the numbers won't be totally spot on as segregation netting will change per game changing the capacity

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The South Stand has reduced the capacity but even before that it was limited to 33,010.

More stats because I'm bored, once again same source

Average attendances across the full League

Bundesliga - 41,527

Premier League - 35,805

La Liga - 28,151

Serie A - 21,856

Ligue 1 - 21,044

Championship - 20,119

Eredivisie - 19,094

Total Spectators

Premier League - 13.6m

Bundesliga - 12.7m

Championship - 11.1m

La Liga - 10.6m

Ligue 1 - 7.7m

Serie A - 7.7m

Eredivisie - 5.8m

Just now, rammieib said:

Well work out for me how we averaged 3600 in away followings this season then @David?

I can't, put that one down to twitter BS.

Thats what set me down this path, couldn't find anywhere that gave just the away fan figures. OS probably does if you go through every match report but I'm not that bored

1 hour ago, David said:

Inter Milan 59%

AC Milan 50.3%

Blimey. How the once mighty have fallen! Although the San Siro does hold 80,000. 

24 minutes ago, Squid said:

Blimey. How the once mighty have fallen! Although the San Siro does hold 80,000. 

Inters last game at home, great stadium, just waaaaay too big. Not sure what attendances used to be like there.

IMG_0451.JPG

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

33,597 is the total capacity with no segregation i believe.

Our attendance figures include all season ticket holders even if they don't go to the match as per Arsenal with their famed empty seats recently with the official attendance of near ground capacity.

If other clubs do the same then it's fair enough to compare, otherwise it's not quite comparing like with like.

8 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

The picture above is after the top tier left in protest though right? This wasnt how it was for the whole game.

You're right, was the picture BBC attached to the match report which I didn't read but looking back mentions a walk out. Attendance was 42,222

23 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Our attendance figures include all season ticket holders even if they don't go to the match as per Arsenal with their famed empty seats recently with the official attendance of near ground capacity.

If other clubs do the same then it's fair enough to compare, otherwise it's not quite comparing like with like.

Every club does the same.

"Attendance" = number of tickets sold/distributed for each game.

Archived