John Terry

Anon

See football snobbery is rife again...... 

Well done JT, you've done brilliantly.....

Moaning for moanings sake......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football fans remember players for what they see on the pitch, which is why club legends who fans watch week in week out are going to be adored no matter what. To those who don't see that player play live often, if at all, they will judge more on what they see more, which would be stories about JT in the papers. If Derby had a cult hero with the same impact as JT had at Chelsea we would all love them to bits no matter what, and that's the truth.

Eranio was sacked over racist comments but I still see posts from time to time in admiration of him. If you ask any Derby fan who watched him play a lot about their opinion of Eranio would they refer to what he did on the pitch, or the fact it has now come out that he's probably a racist? I doubt it'd be the latter and this is for a player with nowhere near the levels of influence that Terry had at Stamford Bridge.

The guard of honour during the game was disgrace.

His after match speech, meh! Listened to it all, when he started I was cringing and thinking here we go again, it's all about the JT show.

Actually thought he did alright in parts. A couple of very nice touches. Probably rambled on for a bit longer than he should, but I'm not going to have a go at anyone for that ;-)

Whichever club he joins in the premier league next season, get him stuck in your fantasy football team, the media are so far up his backside he could be playing in a tam that gets done 7 nil week in week out and he'll still be a hero and MOM every game.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

The guard of honour during the game was disgrace.

This.

Not a precedence I like. Next it'll be why bother with the game, they could have agreed it was meaningless and gone home early! 

Sith Happens

We celebrate these players as some sort of gods, yet if most of us got into an argument with a work colleague and used the sort of language he did towards Anton Ferdinand we would have been sacked for gross misconduct. They are not special, they have a talent yes, so what, they should also set an example to those that worship the ground they walk on.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

How is not wanting the game stopped for several minutes so someone can metaphorically fellate themselves snobbery?

No one is denying that he's a brilliant footballer or that he deserved a guard of honour and a special tribute from the Chelseas fans. The issue is that he specifically arranged this nonsense to take place during the game. Can you imagine Brian Clough's response if one of his players had demanded something like this?

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

If to think that a player placing himself above the club and the match in order to demand a public fellating is snobbery, then yah boo sucks chiz wiz to you, I'll be proud to be a hooray henry.

A bit harsh i know, but he fell on his a*** when it really mattered in 2008.  Not sure i can ever forgive him for handing a Champions League to Man Utd like that. Well, with the help of Anelka. Despite, his years of solid, often brave defending, that's what I'll remember him for. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.aa8776e077bb5b613a0710f28275ee68.jpg

It has to be one of the cringe-iest things I have ever witness in a game of football.  Who the f*** does he think he is deciding when he gets subbed.  Conte should've told him where to get off!!!  Compare that to Xavi Alonso's last game the other day, the gulf in class is light years apart.

It's a shame that such a formidable player can at the same time but such a t**t...

18 hours ago, Highgate said:

A bit harsh i know, but he fell on his a*** when it really mattered in 2008.  Not sure i can ever forgive him for handing a Champions League to Man Utd like that. Well, with the help of Anelka. Despite, his years of solid, often brave defending, that's what I'll remember him for. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.aa8776e077bb5b613a0710f28275ee68.jpg

Still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a football pitch. Him bursting in to tears was the cherry on top.

Archived