John Terry

Anon

What a way to go out. Embarrassing yourself and your team with a ludicrous piece of theater. I'm only surprised he didn't request the team's name be changed to John Terry FC. Is there any other center back in football who would act like such a diva?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Anon said:

What a way to go out. Embarrassing yourself and your team with a ludicrous piece of theater. I'm only surprised he didn't request the team's name be changed to John Terry FC. Is there any other center back in football who would act like such a diva?

Not seen it, did he get it as he went off?

I just tried watching a clip of them discussing it on final score, but couldnt get over the fact that even in widescreen i couldnt see all of Garth Crooks.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not seen it, did he get it as he went off?

I just tried watching a clip of them discussing it on final score, but couldnt get over the fact that even in widescreen i couldnt see all of Garth Crooks.

He apparently spoke to Conte before the game and asked to be subbed on 26 minutes because that's his shirt number. If I was Chelsea manager he would've been removed from the team sheet entirely. It's not a big issue, but it's just so pointlessly demeaning to the opposition and the game in general. Surely it would've been perfectly adequate to do the guard of honour at the end of the game?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Anon said:

He apparently spoke to Conte before the game and asked to be subbed on 26 minutes because that's his shirt number. If I was Chelsea manager he would've been removed from the team sheet entirely. It's not a big issue, but it's just so pointlessly demeaning to the opposition and the game in general. Surely it would've been perfectly adequate to do the guard of honour at the end of the game?

It just shows what primadonnas our footballers have become, they should try doing a proper job.

When my mum retired she had worked for the same company for nearly 30 years and never even got a bunch of flowers.

Vile, manipulative individual. No doubt his smug, self righteous, slimey self will be plastered all over the tv as a pundit in the near future. 

Certainly up there with the biggest b***ends The premier league has had to endure.

According to Moyesy they were yeah. 

Another tedious, cringeworthy moment in our modern game. I wouldn't have minded the 26th minute sub if they'd had just left it at that but to then stop the game for minutes and do a guard of honour.. nah, you're alright. 

What's with every man and his dog having a go on the mic nowadays too?! Just had SSN on and it went from Terry to Conte to Cahill having their own superstar diva moment on the mic. Haven't moved for the remote that fast in my life. What has Cahill actually got to say? Jeeeeeesus. Shut up already. 

We're approaching NFL levels of "live performance" rather than live sport. I don't even think I'm being old fashioned, I'm 26 ffs but it's all starting to do my head in. :lol:

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Stupid trick but 717 appearances for one club, amazing achievement.

True. But then he also is hardly a shining example having shagged his team mates Mrs and  a history of racial abuse, don't get the adulation tbh.

6 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Forgot to mention anything about Terry's achievements in my last post, thanks for the reminder. 

Whilst maybe not the most likeable guy for opposing fans you can't knock his career. He's been a catalyst for Chelsea's recent successes. One of the best CB's I've ever seen and a beast of a goalscorer too. 

Regardless of your opinion on him as a person, footballing ability wise we could do with another English CB coming through the ranks in the style of him. Probably the best CB within the PL era, shame he's a ******.

Thought it was actually quite classy for John Terry to point the attention to Steve Holland too. He's done a lot of good work at Chelsea and is leaving for a permanent role with England, but that was all forgotten about because of JT. Didn't think I would use classy and John Terry in the same sentence, that'll probably be the last time.

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

True. But then he also is hardly a shining example having shagged his team mates Mrs and  a history of racial abuse, don't get the adulation tbh.

Yes but my admiration is through his football exploits, I have no interest in his ability away from the field of dreams.

50 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Far better one-club players without the nasty history of Terry didn't lower themselves to this crass nonsense.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Yes but my admiration is through his football exploits, I have no interest in his ability away from the field of dreams.

I guess but one of those indiscretions was on it...maybe the other one was too you never know.

Archived