Millwall Fans

1of4

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I must admit I struggle with their fans, the team means little to me as things have changed more so on the pitch. Call me a bigot if you want but I do struggle with fans who revel in what they do. I like Rangers, have been there a few times I've even seen an auld firm clash. They are not blameless with the bigotory but are essentially British and proud to be part of this nation. Yes the majority on both sides have moved on and they both have some great fans. But it is difficult to feel any closeness with Celtic fans. Yes I know Rangers revel in what they do and two wrongs and all that.

You asked and I have been honest. Some won't like that but hay ho.

I can only speak from personal experience, so here goes:

Going to Celtic games until very recently was like attending an Irish republican rally whereas a Rangers game was like being at the last night of the Proms.

Both sets of fans openly sang about the situation in Northern Ireland and lauded deaths on both sides. 

However, there seems to have been a shift on the Celtic side. It's almost since Rangers were demoted that Celtic fans have forgotten the rivalry for a while and have got behind supporting the team. The safe standing area and the rise of the Green brigade seems to have created a really good fan culture. 

I've been to 3 Celtic games in the past 12 months and can honestly say I haven't heard any of the songs from the old songbook, and they create an atmosphere that groups like the 1884 group ahould aspire to. 

The Scottish referendum has probably focused feelings on both sides. Rangers = stay, Celtic = leave. 

From the outside looking in, Id say Rangers as a club are still stuck in the past, compared to Celtic who look to be evolving. 

The Britishness that Rangers promote will strike a chord with English people, however it's a reason for non Rangers fans in Scotland to dislike them. 

Thats how I see it at the moment. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Would have if anyone else had posted that... Boycie? Nah.....

Angry Ram.......and the rest of you boys........you took a hell of a beating.........and the winner is Inverurie Ram!

https://mobile.twitter.com/keelemfc?lang=en

Keele University FC......where's my prize?.....a nice flag perhaps?

Why Do Only Fools & Horses Work?......La La La La......

2z5w6bq.jpg

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Angry Ram.......and the rest of you boys........you took a hell of a beating.........and the winner is Inverurie Ram!

https://mobile.twitter.com/keelemfc?lang=en

Keele University FC......where's my prize?.....a nice flag perhaps?

Why Do Only Fools & Horses Work?......La La La La......

2z5w6bq.jpg

Bloody hell... I'm frying a Mars Bar for you at the moment.

Collection only.

Archived