Health,Diet and Fitness.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last alcoholic beverage was 19th December, on the way to the U23's v Man City.

Looking at my scales app yesterday is a reminder of how bad the booze is as I stock the fridge up with cans, getting myself ready for the Grimsby cup game so I'm not bladded by the sniff of a pint of Coors. ?

IMG_0342.PNG

IMG_0343.PNG

6 minutes ago, David said:

My last alcoholic beverage was 19th December, on the way to the U23's v Man City.

Looking at my scales app yesterday is a reminder of how bad the booze is as I stock the fridge up with cans, getting myself ready for the Grimsby cup game so I'm not bladded by the sniff of a pint of Coors. ?

IMG_0342.PNG

IMG_0343.PNG

That my fitness pal app you recommended is very good.

I'm no way near disciplined enough with diet,no issues training wise really,apart from age.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That my fitness pal app you recommended is very good.

I'm no way near disciplined enough with diet,no issues training wise really,apart from age.

It's really good as it's a real eye opener, once you realise just how bad a meal say beans on toast is you start to make better choices.

Should include this kind of information at school, at that age you just trust your parents are feeding you right and don't realise the consequences of eating 5 bags of crisps a day.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2017 at 13:00, Wolfie said:

Been doing the low/zero carb thing for 3 1/2 weeks & going well.

Lost 10lbs so far, with another 5 or 6 to go before I start to re-introduce them. I'm now the lowest weight I've been for at least 10/12 years.

I've been really surprised just how much my appetite has disappeared on this diet. I haven't craved anything and when I have a proper meal (minus the pasta/potatoes etc) I struggle to finish it and rarely do.

Energy levels have dipped a bit but it's only really noticeable doing cardio stuff at the gym.

4 weeks on and the weight loss has slowed down in that I've now lost 12lbs in total.

Energy levels have returned to normal and appetite has grown a bit again. Alcohol (low-carb) intake has increased also, being sat in the garden with G&T's most evenings - so those things combined probably explain the slow down but at least it's still going in the right direction.

I'll have one final push until the end of the month & then re-introduce some carbs - though not to the level I was eating them before.

I'd definitely recommend it as a diet just because I've lost more weight than ever before and don't really feel I've limited myself too much. For years I've fluctuated between a stocky 14 1/2 and 15 1/2 stone, so if I can maintain where I am now (13 stone 10) I'll be satisfied with that.

On 11/08/2017 at 10:35, Wolfie said:

4 weeks on and the weight loss has slowed down in that I've now lost 12lbs in total.

Energy levels have returned to normal and appetite has grown a bit again. Alcohol (low-carb) intake has increased also, being sat in the garden with G&T's most evenings - so those things combined probably explain the slow down but at least it's still going in the right direction.

I'll have one final push until the end of the month & then re-introduce some carbs - though not to the level I was eating them before.

I'd definitely recommend it as a diet just because I've lost more weight than ever before and don't really feel I've limited myself too much. For years I've fluctuated between a stocky 14 1/2 and 15 1/2 stone, so if I can maintain where I am now (13 stone 10) I'll be satisfied with that.

Good effort?.Your doing better than me.

Training well but everything else is a disaster.

• 5 weeks later...

Target acheived last week but am struggling a bit re-introducing carbs into my diet. I suspect I'm just doing it wrong.

3 times in the last 5 days I've had some carbs but have pretty much instantly bloated up & felt generally uncomfortable for a few hours afterwards. Almost 3 months with no potatoes but the best ever goose fat roasties I made yesterday were still totally worth it, though.

On 11/09/2017 at 16:14, Wolfie said:

Target acheived last week but am struggling a bit re-introducing carbs into my diet. I suspect I'm just doing it wrong.

3 times in the last 5 days I've had some carbs but have pretty much instantly bloated up & felt generally uncomfortable for a few hours afterwards. Almost 3 months with no potatoes but the best ever goose fat roasties I made yesterday were still totally worth it, though.

Well done mate.

On 22 July 2017 at 08:37, David said:

IMG_0342.PNG

IMG_0343.PNG

How do you measure body fat? Pinch more than an inch and you're fat? 

43 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ignore that on there, proper way is pretty much pinching it with pincers. All these apps just guess by your height and weight for an average build

54 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Like David says,

some pincers that they squeeze on different areas of your body.

Backs of your arms,round the back of your waist,can't remember the other parts.

This is where you get the BMI anomaly that affects some groups like Rugby players who are classed as morbidly obese with a body fat of less than 10%.

2 hours ago, David said:

Ignore that on there, proper way is pretty much pinching it with pincers. All these apps just guess by your height and weight for an average build

Ok so I wasn't far wrong with my pinch more than an inch motto. I have trod on some special scales that claim to measure body fat by electronic signals through my body. Probably a load of rubbish. I have the body of someone 15 years younger allegedly. But I don't think I'm very fit. 

2 years ago I was a crossfitting paleo eating 80kg man of sinew. I used to very carefully measure my allowance of red wine to make sure I didn't overload on carbs. I was a winner.

Then my second child was born.

Now I'm a 90kg pig. I 'gas out' getting off the settee, I have kebabs delivered to work (what the f*** is that?!), I drink as much beer as I can fit in my fridge and it's a big fridge. I'm a loser.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a statement of imminent life changes, I like the new me. 

Chin chin x

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

2 years ago I was a crossfitting paleo eating 80kg man of sinew. I used to very carefully measure my allowance of red wine to make sure I didn't overload on carbs. I was a winner.

Then my second child was born.

Now I'm a 90kg pig. I 'gas out' getting off the settee, I have kebabs delivered to work (what the f*** is that?!), I drink as much beer as I can fit in my fridge and it's a big fridge. I'm a loser.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a statement of imminent life changes, I like the new me. 

Chin chin x

I thought I was the only male who blamed my kids for my weight gain. It was comfort eating. 

Archived