Health,Diet and Fitness.

Coneheadjohn

25 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm going to give the app a go.

I'm also going to have to try and work out the weight of my poo,perhaps we should have a heaviest poo competition...or not???

This was my few weeks ago (note the times) :lol: 

IMG_2556.JPG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, KBB said:

Don't bother going for long runs unless you are training for an endurance event.

Research HIIT instead. High intensity interval training. It has a much higher impact in a shorter period of time on your cardio vascular fitness.

Diet wise, cut out as much processed food as you can. Lots of protein, lean if possible, veg and whole grain carbohydrates are best. If you can't cook and hate cooking turkey, brown rice and broccoli is your go to dish. 

Lift weights. Research a training regime to suit you. Some do whole body routines, others do isolation days where you work a specific muscle group for that session.

Slow progress is better than starving yourself and acting like Ronnie Coleman in the gym. Think if you need to bulk up or cut down and adjust your calorie intake accordingly.

People pay for this sort of advice. Spot on.

4 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I'm currently suffering from ileus, I suffered a ruptured appendix in 2011 and the good old NHS thought lying ten days in a bed without operating was the way forward, I lost three stone without eating for the entire ten days (saline), I now get regular bouts of inactive small bowel movement, I was referred back to the LRI five times in the first three months so I am looking to go through a fitness regime and fairly urgent, storing up trouble with my current lifestyle, any advice appreciated :thumbsup:

Do the basics and don't miss.

Pick,say monday,wednesday and friday and train on those days...no excuses.

If you go to the gym or run or whatever,do the basics.

Don't push yourself too hard or you will go backwards and fail.

I think health, diet and fitness is going to differ a lot depending on what you like or prefer and what your goals are.

Earlier this year I applied for a job which required a fitness and medical test to be passed in order to be successful, so this was my motivation to try and get fit. Before that I wanted to however actually starting is the hardest part in my opinion. I go to the gym most days and walk for about 45 mins on an incline on the treadmill. Some may prefer to run on a treadmill, or run on roads or through parks etc, but I would hate that. I like going to the gym, plugging in your headphones and just zoning out for about 45 mins, all you need to do is remember to move your legs. Burns about 500+ calories in 45 mins doing that for me. I've managed to lose 2 stone and 3 pounds since the 28th February, and I haven't had to break into a jog yet.

Diet wise, a few people I know like the Lean in 15 book by Joe Wicks. My main issue was portion size. I would just do it by eye and then eat whatever was on my plate, even if I wasn't hungry anymore halfway through the meal. Really enjoying the meals from there, a lot of variety and not too expensive once you've bought a lot of the key ingredients. It's probably not the healthiest you can find, but it's much more sustainable for me. I would give up in a week if I had to eat rabbit food day-in-day-out. Eating food I find nice and losing weight at the same time makes the whole thing so much easier.

Plenty of different individual ways to do it, it's unlikely someone will tell you what they do and you will want to copy that identically, just gotta personalise it for your preferences. It's no secret that more exercise + eating better = a lighter and healthier body, so follow those lines and you won't go far wrong.

I have been reliably informed that the President of the United States believes that exercise uses up the body's finite resources and thus people who exercise more die earlier. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Regarding Gluten free. According to my Mrs, and she knows everything, if you want a decent gluten free diet, avoid anything labelled as gluten free. 

Yes, this is true. Just dont eat carbs.Dont bother with gluten free bread.. just dont eat bread.  

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes, this is true. Just dont eat carbs.Dont bother with gluten free bread.. just dont eat bread.  

No carbs = no energy, worst thing to do on a diet as it makes you feel like *****.

Tried the gluten free bread, went in the bin with the gluten free crumpets.

Missus gets me these thin things, bit like a panini, 1% lactose cheese and bacon for breakfast. Nom nom nom.

2 hours ago, David said:

No carbs = no energy, worst thing to do on a diet as it makes you feel like *****.

Tried the gluten free bread, went in the bin with the gluten free crumpets.

Missus gets me these thin things, bit like a panini, 1% lactose cheese and bacon for breakfast. Nom nom nom.

Start the day with a high protein breakfast and you shouldn't have much of a dip in energy levels during the day. One of my favourites is eggs, asparagus and salmon slices. 

Try eating more fermented foods to help your gut digestion. Drink kefir or take probiotics. Sourdough bread is meant to be more easily digested than 'modern' yeasted breads.

You can be trendy too as I understand kefir is ones of this years superfoods! Lol. Seriously, it really helps with IBS.

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

Jason Statham, Lee Grant, man on McCoys Crisp Packet - is this summer going to be a long game of let's find bald/balding men that look like David?

I'll start off the next one...

00002b1ec-John_Travolta.jpg

IMG_2653.thumb.JPG.7c7b4017ac0ae6bc576576b6d7cf62ae.JPG

Archived